Vibration noise

cjtinkle

I was pretty sure the vibration noise I hear in my several month old Millennium wasn't right, but yesterday I gave a beginner's class to a new Milly owner in my area, and I was shocked at how quiet and smooth her machine sounded compared to mine.

The vibration isn't constant. When I slow down for a sharp point, then speed back up, that's when it happens. It makes this nasty harsh vibration sound, then goes away as soon as my speed levels back out.

What are the common things I might look for to tighten down that could be causing the rattle? Or am I stuck taking the cover over, and going over every screw until I find it? I do know that there doesn't appear to be anything on the outside loose, nothing touching that would cause the rattle, and my table is absolutely level.

I was pretty sure the vibration noise I hear in my several month old Millennium wasn't right, but yesterday I gave a beginner's class to a new Milly owner in my area, and I was shocked at how quiet and smooth her machine sounded compared to mine.

The vibration isn't constant. When I slow down for a sharp point, then speed back up, that's when it happens. It makes this nasty harsh vibration sound, then goes away as soon as my speed levels back out.

What are the common things I might look for to tighten down that could be causing the rattle? Or am I stuck taking the cover over, and going over every screw until I find it? I do know that there doesn't appear to be anything on the outside loose, nothing touching that would cause the rattle, and my table is absolutely level.

i dont know if this is what you got going on - but when i first got my extended base - i have the silver leave on kind from deloa - i think - i didnt have it tightened enough and it made a bad rattle. you really have to tighten it alot. took me a while to figure out that was it - but it was as simple as that.

i dont know if this is what you got going on - but when i first got my extended base - i have the silver leave on kind from deloa - i think - i didnt have it tightened enough and it made a bad rattle. you really have to tighten it alot. took me a while to figure out that was it - but it was as simple as that.

I SO need to head to Iowa and take the maintenance class, and plan to do so soon!

But huh? You have to repack grease? LOL Is that in the manual someplace? With my machine being brand new, is that likely?

Although, the machine I gave a class on yesterday, the wicks were bone dry, and it just came from the factory.

I SO need to head to Iowa and take the maintenance class, and plan to do so soon!

But huh? You have to repack grease? LOL Is that in the manual someplace? With my machine being brand new, is that likely?

Although, the machine I gave a class on yesterday, the wicks were bone dry, and it just came from the factory.

it can happen. you should probably call the factory and have them listen to your machine...they can be sure that way...and then order some grease and repack it. it is fairly straight forward i believe. in transit sometimes the grease can move around and form air pockets. that is probably what you are hearing.

another thought...have you been placing a drop of oil in the bobbin area after every other bobbin or so?? this can also cause a rattle...and maybe add to the vibration noise at least.

it can happen. you should probably call the factory and have them listen to your machine...they can be sure that way...and then order some grease and repack it. it is fairly straight forward i believe. in transit sometimes the grease can move around and form air pockets. that is probably what you are hearing.

another thought...have you been placing a drop of oil in the bobbin area after every other bobbin or so?? this can also cause a rattle...and maybe add to the vibration noise at least.

This may sound too simple, but check that all the screws on your machine are tight. I had a similar vibration rattle caused by one phillips-head screw loose on the hood--it had that "harmonic-vibration" thing going--only rattled at a certain speed. And check the needle plate as well.

This may sound too simple, but check that all the screws on your machine are tight. I had a similar vibration rattle caused by one phillips-head screw loose on the hood--it had that "harmonic-vibration" thing going--only rattled at a certain speed. And check the needle plate as well.

I went down and made sure all the screws were tight... they were. Played a bit. It only makes the noise when the stitch regulator is on... smooth as silk with it off.

The noise appears to be coming from the back of the machine, up at the top, under that cover that houses the lights you see from the front. I guess I'll remove it and see if anything appears loose under it.

Does the fact that it only vibrates when the stitch regulator is activated tell anyone anything?

I went down and made sure all the screws were tight... they were. Played a bit. It only makes the noise when the stitch regulator is on... smooth as silk with it off.

The noise appears to be coming from the back of the machine, up at the top, under that cover that houses the lights you see from the front. I guess I'll remove it and see if anything appears loose under it.

Does the fact that it only vibrates when the stitch regulator is activated tell anyone anything?

Hi CJ - this has nothing to do with your vibrations, but I'm pretty sure that you shouldn't oil after every bobbin change, only oil when the wicks are dry. But you do need to blow out your bobbin case often. I blow it out after every couple of bobbins. :)

Hi CJ - this has nothing to do with your vibrations, but I'm pretty sure that you shouldn't oil after every bobbin change, only oil when the wicks are dry. But you do need to blow out your bobbin case often. I blow it out after every couple of bobbins. :)

I very recently repacked the grease. My Millie just hadn't sounded right for about a year.

What I found was that the grease was very dry around the shaft. But fine further away.

It sounds "right" now. The only thing now is that there is a small amount of grease being flung out from the bobbin shaft. It ends up on the surrounding housing. Hate to think where it ends up when it is flung downwards. That's the next thing to sort out. :P

Archived