Lenni stitch regulator has gone wonky

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK when you say you tried everything what is "everything?" :)

Have you checked to make sure nothing is stuck in your wheels or wrapped around axle? No lint or fuzz or thread?

Checked to make sure encoder wheels are snug to the other wheels?

Have you turned machine off, on again?

Tried quilting on a plane scrap sanwich no piecing involved?

Changed to a new needle?

Cleaned and oiled bobbin area?

OK when you say you tried everything what is "everything?" :)

Have you checked to make sure nothing is stuck in your wheels or wrapped around axle? No lint or fuzz or thread?

Checked to make sure encoder wheels are snug to the other wheels?

Have you turned machine off, on again?

Tried quilting on a plane scrap sanwich no piecing involved?

Changed to a new needle?

Cleaned and oiled bobbin area?

Shana,

I have changed the needle, no threads, oiled, blown out what I could. When I was quilting yesterday it just started skipping and taking big stitches. As you know I am just so frustrated with this machine. I will never ever like it as something is always going wrong. I read where everyone loves their machine. I have probably only quilted about 3 tops on this that looked okay. I have sewn for 45 years and this is my first and last long arm machine and I wish I had never gotten it. I don't need the frustration it has brought me.

Diana

Shana,

I have changed the needle, no threads, oiled, blown out what I could. When I was quilting yesterday it just started skipping and taking big stitches. As you know I am just so frustrated with this machine. I will never ever like it as something is always going wrong. I read where everyone loves their machine. I have probably only quilted about 3 tops on this that looked okay. I have sewn for 45 years and this is my first and last long arm machine and I wish I had never gotten it. I don't need the frustration it has brought me.

Diana

Something is causing the SR to mis-fire. It could be as complicated as electronics or as easy as a mis-aligned encoder. Shana suggested that the encoder wheel may need to be pushed closer or checked to see if it is worn (probably not possible with the light usage). Or sometimes if you lean on the handles as you stitch, the back side lifts enough to make the encoder be out of position and to run a bit unregulated--thus causing longer stitches. As you notice the longer stitches you stop and then the wheel is back in position again. I hear your frustration--who is your nearest Rep? Send out the call--both to them and to Iowa to get this fixed. You deserve it!

Something is causing the SR to mis-fire. It could be as complicated as electronics or as easy as a mis-aligned encoder. Shana suggested that the encoder wheel may need to be pushed closer or checked to see if it is worn (probably not possible with the light usage). Or sometimes if you lean on the handles as you stitch, the back side lifts enough to make the encoder be out of position and to run a bit unregulated--thus causing longer stitches. As you notice the longer stitches you stop and then the wheel is back in position again. I hear your frustration--who is your nearest Rep? Send out the call--both to them and to Iowa to get this fixed. You deserve it!

Did you know that if you put to much pressure on the front handles that it lifts up the end slightly and this can also cause skipped stitches....and make the decoder misread your movements....so also take that into consideration as well.

Here is how to adjust your decoder wheels....but if you don't feel comfortable...call Amy and she or Christy will walk you through it....and even your dealer can help you.

Okay...first off go and find a 7/16 opened end wrench...and bring it to your table....there should be two decoder boxes one on the machine head and one on the carriage. If you are having stitch problems moving front to back that is the problem with the head decoder and if its side to side that is the carriage decoder.

Make sure the black decoder wheel is centered between the carriage wheel lips top to bottom, and be sure it is into the carriage wheel as far as it can go without the set screws on the back wheel hitting the carriage wheel.

The adjustments are made by using the wrench and loosening the gold bolt underneath each wheel... the same adjustment is for both sets...becare and don't go banging anything around...there are other things in there to hurt.

Did you know that if you put to much pressure on the front handles that it lifts up the end slightly and this can also cause skipped stitches....and make the decoder misread your movements....so also take that into consideration as well.

Here is how to adjust your decoder wheels....but if you don't feel comfortable...call Amy and she or Christy will walk you through it....and even your dealer can help you.

Okay...first off go and find a 7/16 opened end wrench...and bring it to your table....there should be two decoder boxes one on the machine head and one on the carriage. If you are having stitch problems moving front to back that is the problem with the head decoder and if its side to side that is the carriage decoder.

Make sure the black decoder wheel is centered between the carriage wheel lips top to bottom, and be sure it is into the carriage wheel as far as it can go without the set screws on the back wheel hitting the carriage wheel.

The adjustments are made by using the wrench and loosening the gold bolt underneath each wheel... the same adjustment is for both sets...becare and don't go banging anything around...there are other things in there to hurt.

Did not receive any class when the machine was purchased. None was offered either. My quilter came out and helped me a lot. I have won 2 blue and 1 red ribbon with her quilting my quilts. I live 2 hrs. away from any shop. It is embarrassing that I paid $ 10,000 cash for a machine and I know of 2 people who bought the Tin Lizzie and other cheap machine and they don't have any where near the tension problem or Sr problem I have.

Did not receive any class when the machine was purchased. None was offered either. My quilter came out and helped me a lot. I have won 2 blue and 1 red ribbon with her quilting my quilts. I live 2 hrs. away from any shop. It is embarrassing that I paid $ 10,000 cash for a machine and I know of 2 people who bought the Tin Lizzie and other cheap machine and they don't have any where near the tension problem or Sr problem I have.

The Beginning Class should have been mentioned, I would make mention of it to your Rep...you get a free one with your machine as long as it was new out of the box...if it was purchased used, the beginning class is still offered, but for a price.

However you can take your class from any Rep...contact APQS and make arrangements for that...you don't mention where you are (never mind I see you are near Twin Lakes, Colorado)... I'm sorry you are having troubles with your machine...if there is anything any of the Reps can do to help I'm sure someone will step in and do so I'm a bit far to pop in for a house call.:P:P

The Beginning Class should have been mentioned, I would make mention of it to your Rep...you get a free one with your machine as long as it was new out of the box...if it was purchased used, the beginning class is still offered, but for a price.

However you can take your class from any Rep...contact APQS and make arrangements for that...you don't mention where you are (never mind I see you are near Twin Lakes, Colorado)... I'm sorry you are having troubles with your machine...if there is anything any of the Reps can do to help I'm sure someone will step in and do so I'm a bit far to pop in for a house call.:P:P

Bonnie,

I bought the machine new from Co. Springs. They brought it out and set it up and I had about 15 min. of instruction with it. I did not purchase it with the intent to go commercial but wanted to do some of my own and donation quilts. I won't be home for the next 3 days to call APQS but I am just sick about this. I guess the shop who sold the machine just take your money and laugh all the way to the bank saying that was a easy sell. Never ever did they mention a free class. The SR is wonky going side ways so I will have my husband look for the wrench. Diana

Bonnie,

I bought the machine new from Co. Springs. They brought it out and set it up and I had about 15 min. of instruction with it. I did not purchase it with the intent to go commercial but wanted to do some of my own and donation quilts. I won't be home for the next 3 days to call APQS but I am just sick about this. I guess the shop who sold the machine just take your money and laugh all the way to the bank saying that was a easy sell. Never ever did they mention a free class. The SR is wonky going side ways so I will have my husband look for the wrench. Diana

Originally posted by mountainquilter

Did not receive any class when the machine was purchased. None was offered either. I live 2 hrs. away from any shop. It is embarrassing that I paid $ 10,000 cash for a machine and I know of 2 people who bought the Tin Lizzie and other cheap machine and they don't have any where near the tension problem or Sr problem I have.

Diana, I did a search for your past posts here and I noticed you got your machine in May 2009 and you mentioned your first problem with tension in September 2009. I do remember I contacted you via U2U and we even chatted on the phone. I thought things were better for you since that time.

Something is odd here. I strongly urge you to contact your dealer and ask them to give you the free orientation class you were supposed to get when you first bought the machine. While they are at it, they can help you with your tension problems. Really, this is not supposed to be difficult. Perhaps there is something misadjusted with your hook assembly if you continue to have tension problems. It's not supposed to be this difficult. I hope you seek help. If you don't get results from your dealer that sold the machine, call Heidi at APQS.

Originally posted by mountainquilter

Did not receive any class when the machine was purchased. None was offered either. I live 2 hrs. away from any shop. It is embarrassing that I paid $ 10,000 cash for a machine and I know of 2 people who bought the Tin Lizzie and other cheap machine and they don't have any where near the tension problem or Sr problem I have.

Diana, I did a search for your past posts here and I noticed you got your machine in May 2009 and you mentioned your first problem with tension in September 2009. I do remember I contacted you via U2U and we even chatted on the phone. I thought things were better for you since that time.

Something is odd here. I strongly urge you to contact your dealer and ask them to give you the free orientation class you were supposed to get when you first bought the machine. While they are at it, they can help you with your tension problems. Really, this is not supposed to be difficult. Perhaps there is something misadjusted with your hook assembly if you continue to have tension problems. It's not supposed to be this difficult. I hope you seek help. If you don't get results from your dealer that sold the machine, call Heidi at APQS.

I am not a dealer I am just a happy customer. I didn't arrange for my free lessons until I had played with lenni for many months and I am so glad I did. It gave me a chance to know what questions to ask and to actually understand what she was saying. At least that part is going to be a positive for you once your class is schedules. I don't know a bunch about the SR but we just adjusted ours until she ran smoothly along the rails. There was no tension problems as I tried to treat it like my domestic machine and that was helpful. I can read your frustration and know you are in a bad way. Wish you were near and I'd run over and just do a couple of things we did to mine - nothing heavy. Does sound like the free classes would be most helpful for you. You machine may need a little of TLC only your dealer can provide (or Amy). I do wish you good luck and soon!!! Please let us hear how it goes. Best wishes!

I am not a dealer I am just a happy customer. I didn't arrange for my free lessons until I had played with lenni for many months and I am so glad I did. It gave me a chance to know what questions to ask and to actually understand what she was saying. At least that part is going to be a positive for you once your class is schedules. I don't know a bunch about the SR but we just adjusted ours until she ran smoothly along the rails. There was no tension problems as I tried to treat it like my domestic machine and that was helpful. I can read your frustration and know you are in a bad way. Wish you were near and I'd run over and just do a couple of things we did to mine - nothing heavy. Does sound like the free classes would be most helpful for you. You machine may need a little of TLC only your dealer can provide (or Amy). I do wish you good luck and soon!!! Please let us hear how it goes. Best wishes!

Thank you everyone for trying to help me out. I won't have time to call APQS until Thurs. darn it. By then my son-in-law who is a mechanic will be here and he's really good at fixing and tinkering with things so when I call them he can help me out also. This is the only time I wish I lived near the big city instead out here in the forest. Oh by the way, Colorado had snow this last weekend on the high mountains. Luckily we only got the rain. I am going to get the 7/16 open end wrench to add to my tools. Does anyone think I should get a new bobbin case to see if that helps with the tension? Shana, yes I got my machine in May of 09 and didn't do much on it until Sept.

Diana

Archived