Brochures anyone?

cjtinkle

Do any of you use a brochure in lieu of (or in addition to) business cards?

I just finsihed designing mine, and am in the process of printing a batch of them out. I also posted a .pdf version to my website in case readers want to print their own.

Here's mine (click)

I'd love some feedback. Adequate info? Confusing, layout okay? Anyone else have one to share?

It's double sided, so you'll have to scroll down for the inside. The first page is the outside cover (which is why my logo is on it so much, when folded it's on all 3 sides of the exterior.

Thanks!

Do any of you use a brochure in lieu of (or in addition to) business cards?

I just finsihed designing mine, and am in the process of printing a batch of them out. I also posted a .pdf version to my website in case readers want to print their own.

Here's mine (click)

I'd love some feedback. Adequate info? Confusing, layout okay? Anyone else have one to share?

It's double sided, so you'll have to scroll down for the inside. The first page is the outside cover (which is why my logo is on it so much, when folded it's on all 3 sides of the exterior.

Thanks!

I really like it. I have been thinking about brochures, too, but haven't taken any action yet.

This weekend someone asked me if I had any brocures and I said "no," but I had some business cards. She turned down the business card and said she was just interested in the brochure so she could see what I do. I asked if she meant a price list and she said "no" that she wanted to see pictures of the quilts I had for sale.

Humm...I do have some quilts I could sell, but I had not considered putting pictures of my quilts on a brchure.

I am curious to hear what others do. Brochures? yes/no And, what do you put on your brochures?

I really like it. I have been thinking about brochures, too, but haven't taken any action yet.

This weekend someone asked me if I had any brocures and I said "no," but I had some business cards. She turned down the business card and said she was just interested in the brochure so she could see what I do. I asked if she meant a price list and she said "no" that she wanted to see pictures of the quilts I had for sale.

Humm...I do have some quilts I could sell, but I had not considered putting pictures of my quilts on a brchure.

I am curious to hear what others do. Brochures? yes/no And, what do you put on your brochures?

I have thought about brochures as well but haven't as yet got my a$$ into gear. Thanks CJ, I now feel that I have to really start getting something together on paper. ;)

I think your brochure is great CJ, a picture might be great, but many of the brochures I have seen, do no have photos but are more like business description/price list type of content.

Comments about content? For your next print run you might like to consider having two sentences in the paragraph on rear, as in:

"............. for your quilts. My selections include.............. "

I would not name Baptist Fans as an all over. If you use the Circle Lord boards, yes it is continuous, but what if someone decided they want the old fashioned ones? You know, the ones with all the stops and starts? You would really be selling yourself short, quilting heirloom at 0.015c, unless off course you love stops and starts and traditional Baptist Fans. ;) :cool:

Allow yourself flexibility in your categories remembering that a lot of customers have no idea of what is easy or difficult for us.... after all stitch in the ditch is easy, isn't it? Ad it doesn't take any time at all! :o

Cheers,

I have thought about brochures as well but haven't as yet got my a$$ into gear. Thanks CJ, I now feel that I have to really start getting something together on paper. ;)

I think your brochure is great CJ, a picture might be great, but many of the brochures I have seen, do no have photos but are more like business description/price list type of content.

Comments about content? For your next print run you might like to consider having two sentences in the paragraph on rear, as in:

"............. for your quilts. My selections include.............. "

I would not name Baptist Fans as an all over. If you use the Circle Lord boards, yes it is continuous, but what if someone decided they want the old fashioned ones? You know, the ones with all the stops and starts? You would really be selling yourself short, quilting heirloom at 0.015c, unless off course you love stops and starts and traditional Baptist Fans. ;) :cool:

Allow yourself flexibility in your categories remembering that a lot of customers have no idea of what is easy or difficult for us.... after all stitch in the ditch is easy, isn't it? Ad it doesn't take any time at all! :o

Cheers,

Very nicely done.....

I used them when I had my studio...now I just pass out business cards. I liiked them better than business cards, as you can provide a plastic brochure stand and have the LQS display it on their counter...looks way more professional than the single sheets I see out here.

Very nicely done.....

I used them when I had my studio...now I just pass out business cards. I liiked them better than business cards, as you can provide a plastic brochure stand and have the LQS display it on their counter...looks way more professional than the single sheets I see out here.

Very nicely laid-out information in your brochure.

I am a little confused by the separate border design charges and wonder if your customers may be as well. Is the extra charge in addition to an E2E design? And does your custom pricing include a separate design in the border? That was the only part I wondered about.

It looks great and will answer the questions your customers may have about pricing.

I printed brochures when I started the business and went through 100 early on. I never printed another batch. The places I left my business card did not have room for brochures so I handed them out myself--I kept a handful in my car and a couple in my purse. By the time I ran out, customers were calling. (yay)

As for samples of your work, as mentioned above--that is easily accomplished on a web site or directions to your webshots, which can be printed on your business card. Not necessary or usual on a brochure.

Very nicely laid-out information in your brochure.

I am a little confused by the separate border design charges and wonder if your customers may be as well. Is the extra charge in addition to an E2E design? And does your custom pricing include a separate design in the border? That was the only part I wondered about.

It looks great and will answer the questions your customers may have about pricing.

I printed brochures when I started the business and went through 100 early on. I never printed another batch. The places I left my business card did not have room for brochures so I handed them out myself--I kept a handful in my car and a couple in my purse. By the time I ran out, customers were calling. (yay)

As for samples of your work, as mentioned above--that is easily accomplished on a web site or directions to your webshots, which can be printed on your business card. Not necessary or usual on a brochure.

Nicely done CJ,

I did some brochures and left an area on one of the outside areas for address labels in case I wanted to mail some out, also, I had an area with a little worksheet to estimate cost. I also put my flickr account website on so they can go on line and see my work. I also include the web address on my bus cards and find that people are looking. I have found that I give out more bus cards than brochures though...

Nicely done CJ,

I did some brochures and left an area on one of the outside areas for address labels in case I wanted to mail some out, also, I had an area with a little worksheet to estimate cost. I also put my flickr account website on so they can go on line and see my work. I also include the web address on my bus cards and find that people are looking. I have found that I give out more bus cards than brochures though...

Very impressive, CJ!

What I noticed was the price of the thread, i.e. per "spool", did you really mean per "bobbin"?

Also on your first page it says "PROFESSION LONGARM QUILTING". Don't you mean "PROFESSIONAL?"

Still very impressive brochure and I might have to think about that now. Still waiting on my biz cards to arrive (did the freebie thing on Vistaprint).

Very impressive, CJ!

What I noticed was the price of the thread, i.e. per "spool", did you really mean per "bobbin"?

Also on your first page it says "PROFESSION LONGARM QUILTING". Don't you mean "PROFESSIONAL?"

Still very impressive brochure and I might have to think about that now. Still waiting on my biz cards to arrive (did the freebie thing on Vistaprint).

CJ,

I think your Brochure looks nice and very professional. I agree with the remarks Linda made and I too had the same experience she did with my brochures. I have them printed in my bag but I don't give many out any more. Mostly people just ask for my business card and I would guess that is because they are normally guild members and they have seen my work.

CJ,

I think your Brochure looks nice and very professional. I agree with the remarks Linda made and I too had the same experience she did with my brochures. I have them printed in my bag but I don't give many out any more. Mostly people just ask for my business card and I would guess that is because they are normally guild members and they have seen my work.

I was in a bit of a hurry last night (hubby's going out of town this morning, had to help him get packed) but re-read through all the comments this morning, and just wanted to thank you all again for taking the time to read through my brochure.

THANK you for catching the mistakes, but I'm also incorporating some of the changes mentioned. I removed Baptist fans from my "edge to edge" pricing, eliminated the confusing separate border treatment pricing (I'll just consider those customs), and corrected the mistakes.

Now I'll update my website to say the same thing.

I had considered adding a picture to the brochure, but you would only be able to see such a tiny portion of a quilt... you'd pretty much have to use a 100% crop of an area in order to see any qulting, and it would be meaningless at that perspective.

I had left the back of the brochure blank, typically that space is reserved for mailing addresses, but it's a great idea to incorporate more information there instead, I doubt I'll be mailing any!

You guys rock!

I was in a bit of a hurry last night (hubby's going out of town this morning, had to help him get packed) but re-read through all the comments this morning, and just wanted to thank you all again for taking the time to read through my brochure.

THANK you for catching the mistakes, but I'm also incorporating some of the changes mentioned. I removed Baptist fans from my "edge to edge" pricing, eliminated the confusing separate border treatment pricing (I'll just consider those customs), and corrected the mistakes.

Now I'll update my website to say the same thing.

I had considered adding a picture to the brochure, but you would only be able to see such a tiny portion of a quilt... you'd pretty much have to use a 100% crop of an area in order to see any qulting, and it would be meaningless at that perspective.

I had left the back of the brochure blank, typically that space is reserved for mailing addresses, but it's a great idea to incorporate more information there instead, I doubt I'll be mailing any!

You guys rock!

My husband and I have brochures for our business...and I believe that pictures are worth a thousand words!

I would include some close-up pics of some quilts...and less words. Especially the 'Created by CJ' address info which is listed twice. Once is enough. I would list the website once...with its categories to view...and show some quilting. I say this because it has worked for us. You need something eye catching and since most of the info you listed on your brochure is basic to most longarmers...you need something to stand you apart from the crowd!

CJ...I sent you an email with our dredge brochure in it. Maybe it will inspire you with additional ideas. ;)

Archived