DVD just for Newbies

I just bought the Kim Brunner's DVD" Machine Quilting for Beginners". It only covers and specifically for long arms. It is just for true long arm Newbies and covers from setting up your studio to kinds of marking, loading quilts with problems squarely to handling what kind of quilting for what kind of quilt. And she tells it like it is about dealing with customers. It is well worth the money for me. It even covers how to keep your scissors etc around your machine. you can get it online from

Kimmyquilt.com

I just bought the Kim Brunner's DVD" Machine Quilting for Beginners". It only covers and specifically for long arms. It is just for true long arm Newbies and covers from setting up your studio to kinds of marking, loading quilts with problems squarely to handling what kind of quilting for what kind of quilt. And she tells it like it is about dealing with customers. It is well worth the money for me. It even covers how to keep your scissors etc around your machine. you can get it online from

Kimmyquilt.com

hi carol - i have this dvd as well. i just watched it again a few nights ago to refresh myself. it is very helpful, especially for loading the quilt and getting it square on the frame.

if you want to learn feathers - her twirly whirly video is very good. heidi referred me to it and if you follow her instructions - no shortcuts - it really happens for you. while i have not mustered the courage to put any on a quilt yet - i always sew them when i'm practicing and if i can do it - anyone can! well worth the $ if you want to learn feathers.

hi carol - i have this dvd as well. i just watched it again a few nights ago to refresh myself. it is very helpful, especially for loading the quilt and getting it square on the frame.

if you want to learn feathers - her twirly whirly video is very good. heidi referred me to it and if you follow her instructions - no shortcuts - it really happens for you. while i have not mustered the courage to put any on a quilt yet - i always sew them when i'm practicing and if i can do it - anyone can! well worth the $ if you want to learn feathers.

Kimmy Brunner's DVD is great! Myrna Ficken also has a good one. Both have their own special tips and info. I also have Jamie Wallen's Mystical Cottontracks DVD set and I will say that for a beginner, he is an excellent EXCELLENT teacher. (did I mention he's adorably cute, too?) ;) Anyway, I like his method of teaching. Really good. And if you ever get a chance to take a real live class with either lovely ladies Kimmy or Myrna, or the really really cute Jamie... do so. All three are tops in my book.

Kimmy Brunner's DVD is great! Myrna Ficken also has a good one. Both have their own special tips and info. I also have Jamie Wallen's Mystical Cottontracks DVD set and I will say that for a beginner, he is an excellent EXCELLENT teacher. (did I mention he's adorably cute, too?) ;) Anyway, I like his method of teaching. Really good. And if you ever get a chance to take a real live class with either lovely ladies Kimmy or Myrna, or the really really cute Jamie... do so. All three are tops in my book.

Originally posted by quiltmonkey

this makes me happy since i am signed up to take his class at camp mowana~

this makes me happy since i am signed up to take his class at camp mowana~

Well, I just so happen to have a crush on Jamie. He doesn't know it yet (cuz I'm shy, you know...) but when I see him in October at Camp Son Rise, I'm gonna tell him he's adorable (and a good teacher) and that I'm madly in love. Hey! better yet, Meg, you can break the ice for me at Mowana so he's prepared for a Shana hug at SonRise. :P **giggle and blushing like a school girl... tee hee heee! ** ;)

Well, I just so happen to have a crush on Jamie. He doesn't know it yet (cuz I'm shy, you know...) but when I see him in October at Camp Son Rise, I'm gonna tell him he's adorable (and a good teacher) and that I'm madly in love. Hey! better yet, Meg, you can break the ice for me at Mowana so he's prepared for a Shana hug at SonRise. :P **giggle and blushing like a school girl... tee hee heee! ** ;)

oops - i meant camp sonrise but typed mowana. :P:D:P:D:P is there such a thing as camp mowana? or did i just make that up? a mind is a terrible thing to lose. ask me how i know.

oops - i meant camp sonrise but typed mowana. :P:D:P:D:P is there such a thing as camp mowana? or did i just make that up? a mind is a terrible thing to lose. ask me how i know.

There really is a camp Mowana in a beautiful wooded setting.. Not the most user friendly for anyone who is handicapped at getting around, but so pretty.. Thanks again for the taxi, Michele...

You can google it, I think..

RitaR

There really is a camp Mowana in a beautiful wooded setting.. Not the most user friendly for anyone who is handicapped at getting around, but so pretty.. Thanks again for the taxi, Michele...

You can google it, I think..

RitaR

Tracy are you trying to make Shana jealous? LOL Shana I'm going to warn Jamie! He is for sure a cutie but most important he is a wonderful human being! Too bad there aren't more people like him in the world.

If any of you out there want to come to a terrific camp you should consider Camp SonRise. It will be held in the foothills of the Adirondacks and the views are spectacular but the teachers, DeLoa Jones, Jessica Jones & Jamie Wallen, are absolutely the best! They are all so giving and kind and you will learn so much. Camp is Oct. 4 - 7th. You will get so much out of this camp you will be amazed. I've gone to Camp Mowana 3 years in a row and I always come home with something new to try. The machines are set up and available 24 hours a day and teachers stay at the camp and interact with you all day. Everybody shares their knowledge so willingly. I can't say enough good about it. Here is the link to DeLoa's website if you are interested. Space is limited so register early! http://deloasquiltshop.com/campsonrise2010.html

Tracy are you trying to make Shana jealous? LOL Shana I'm going to warn Jamie! He is for sure a cutie but most important he is a wonderful human being! Too bad there aren't more people like him in the world.

If any of you out there want to come to a terrific camp you should consider Camp SonRise. It will be held in the foothills of the Adirondacks and the views are spectacular but the teachers, DeLoa Jones, Jessica Jones & Jamie Wallen, are absolutely the best! They are all so giving and kind and you will learn so much. Camp is Oct. 4 - 7th. You will get so much out of this camp you will be amazed. I've gone to Camp Mowana 3 years in a row and I always come home with something new to try. The machines are set up and available 24 hours a day and teachers stay at the camp and interact with you all day. Everybody shares their knowledge so willingly. I can't say enough good about it. Here is the link to DeLoa's website if you are interested. Space is limited so register early! http://deloasquiltshop.com/campsonrise2010.html

Originally posted by meg

Yes, there really is a Camp Mowana (in Ohio) and he will be teaching with DeLoa's group end of September;;; a week prior to Camp SonRise. :)

Originally posted by Tracy G

Shana,

Jamie give me the cone of thread that he had been demoing with when I was at MQX.

OMG!! :o:D :cool: You mean to say that you got a cone of thread from Jamie ~~~~~ that he had acutally used and touched??? ~~~~ OMG! OMG! OMG!!! That's almost like getting Elvis Presley's sweat-covered hankerchief that he tossed to the girls when he was up on stage! :cool::P :cool::o:cool::P:cool:;):);)

Originally posted by meg

Yes, there really is a Camp Mowana (in Ohio) and he will be teaching with DeLoa's group end of September;;; a week prior to Camp SonRise. :)

Originally posted by Tracy G

Shana,

Jamie give me the cone of thread that he had been demoing with when I was at MQX.

OMG!! :o:D :cool: You mean to say that you got a cone of thread from Jamie ~~~~~ that he had acutally used and touched??? ~~~~ OMG! OMG! OMG!!! That's almost like getting Elvis Presley's sweat-covered hankerchief that he tossed to the girls when he was up on stage! :cool::P :cool::o:cool::P:cool:;):);)

You guys.... I am just exaggerating a little bit here. Jamie is gonna kill me if he hears I am ranting and raving like this... :P

All in all, he is a great teacher (and he's kinda cute) :) I have taken classes from him at MQS and chatted with him; he's a cool guy. Real down to earth; he really cares. His DVD is very well done. I recommend it highly.

Archived