HOW TO EDIT A POST ?

GERRY

To all those folks that have made a mistake in a post, & would like to go back & fix it because it drives you crazy. :mad:

I am a terrible speller & I can't type either, so I had to find a way to fix-up my mess in a post or die from imbarrasment. ;)

If I make a mistake, here's what I do,

At the top of the post you have already written, there is a little tiny dark blue box that says edit, click on that, it will take you back to your original post & you can fix anything you need to including pic's.

I've had to do this many times, as I have dyslexia & some times I don't see a mistake at all & then for some reason I suddenly see it a plain as day.

I hope this will help just a little :)

p.s. I had to edit this post twice so far. :mad:

Hay Linda: :D

Yes, I had noticed that on some of the posts, & I thought it was because you could only see the edit box on your own posts, I always have the edit box (thank god) as far as have been able to find out there dosen't seem to be a spell check on this forum (I wish there was), I keep a "word doc" running under my postings so if I need to type a word & I can't remember how to spell it, I just click on the doc. type it how I think it should go then hit spell check. it works for me, but some times I don't see that a word is incorrect so I need that edit button after I've posted.

Maybe there is someone at apqs that will have the answer the "where is the edit button" question.

I figured out how to post a photo from my computer, but only 1 at a time from my Pictures, if I have more than 1 photo I just post the first, then I ckick on the reply button & then post the second, seems to work. I don't think you can post more than 1 when the photo comes from your hard drive, only when the pic's come from the internet. And with some help from the folks on this forum, I figured out edit those same pic's so I'm getting this stuff.

Hay I just noticed that I have a "posting expert" beside my name. When & how did that happen ? and to think that this is the first & only forum/chat room that I have ever signed up for, & and few months ago I had never even sent a email, I guess my brain is growing by leaps & bounds. LoL :D

Hay maybe we could get some one at Apqs to start a page on the forum that gives us all the answers, that way we just ckick & read if we have to do something we have never done. ;)

Gerry , I don't have one of those blue boxes that say edit either ..:o

I do enjoy all your post you were even kind to email me personal to give advice on to use this site I thank you , I agree you are very good at this , one other thing is why does the date say 060206 ? What time zone is this site in ? How and when does or who gives us the post names ??????? I know toooo many questions , I like the idea of some from apqs to have a information or manual that explains things on this forum .

Happy Quilting

Carol

apqs milli

"sweet dreams "

The blue "edit" box only shows up on your own replies/posts that you did and only after you hit the enter/post reply button.

The Blue edit box will then show up right above your post..click on it and you will be able to edit any of your mistakes before you hit the edit post/enter button.

Joann

Thanks Joann:

I have allways used the "Post reply" box , so that's why I get the "Edit" box all the time. I had a feeling that you would only get an "edit" box on our own posts & reply's, other-wise someone could say some masty things in another persons post. :mad:

Archived