question about classes

danae

Let me first say thankyou for all the welcoming comments!!!

I'm curious what is the most highly recommended training opportunities

I would have to travel a long distance to attend, so I'd like to get the most exposure for my money?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me first say thankyou for all the welcoming comments!!!

I'm curious what is the most highly recommended training opportunities

I would have to travel a long distance to attend, so I'd like to get the most exposure for my money?

Classes that I've taken and loved the most were with...

Karen McTavish, Pam Clarke, Dawn Cavanaugh, DeLoa Jones.

Last year Karen's classes at MQX gave me the confidence to do feathers and McTavishing.

This year at MQX, Sue Patten's classes took my quilting freedom to a whole new level. She taught me to create unique designs on the fly while stabilizing blocks, sashings and borders within the quilting design and ditchwork without a ruler. Every quilt now leaves my studio a little more custom, a little more square, a little bit quicker and a whole lot more unique.

Classes that I've taken and loved the most were with...

Karen McTavish, Pam Clarke, Dawn Cavanaugh, DeLoa Jones.

Last year Karen's classes at MQX gave me the confidence to do feathers and McTavishing.

This year at MQX, Sue Patten's classes took my quilting freedom to a whole new level. She taught me to create unique designs on the fly while stabilizing blocks, sashings and borders within the quilting design and ditchwork without a ruler. Every quilt now leaves my studio a little more custom, a little more square, a little bit quicker and a whole lot more unique.

Sure wish APQS would host more classes besides the basic beginner and intermediate classes here in the Des Moines area. They have the perfect area for it at the showroom -- a classroom, all those machines, and an opportunity to show off things like Bliss, the new M&M wheels, hydraulics, etc. I'm sure there are plenty of us in the area who would attend and be more than happy to have fellow quilters stay in our homes for a few days. Any chance of that happening?

Sure wish APQS would host more classes besides the basic beginner and intermediate classes here in the Des Moines area. They have the perfect area for it at the showroom -- a classroom, all those machines, and an opportunity to show off things like Bliss, the new M&M wheels, hydraulics, etc. I'm sure there are plenty of us in the area who would attend and be more than happy to have fellow quilters stay in our homes for a few days. Any chance of that happening?

I second that, Mary ! I would love to take more classes, but cannot travel great distance to do it. Having more classes at their "home base" makes sense to me. I have signed up for the beginner class that comes free with a new machine, but that's all so far. As you say, what a way to showcase their product ! :P:P:P

I second that, Mary ! I would love to take more classes, but cannot travel great distance to do it. Having more classes at their "home base" makes sense to me. I have signed up for the beginner class that comes free with a new machine, but that's all so far. As you say, what a way to showcase their product ! :P:P:P

Originally posted by hmerrill

Sylvia the airport is only 10 mins from my house so I would be happy to pick you up and take you to camp. I won't be there the last day but I know lots going and I'm sure I can get a ride back to my house and then you could fly out on Friday! It would be fun!

isnt shana also coming frosm alaska?

i will be happy to help transport you as well.

3 teachers in one spot - and its a beautiful spot.

Originally posted by hmerrill

Sylvia the airport is only 10 mins from my house so I would be happy to pick you up and take you to camp. I won't be there the last day but I know lots going and I'm sure I can get a ride back to my house and then you could fly out on Friday! It would be fun!

isnt shana also coming frosm alaska?

i will be happy to help transport you as well.

3 teachers in one spot - and its a beautiful spot.

Archived