Featheration - Wins an Award

I was phoned this week to say this quilt has one second place at the Brisbane Royal Agricultural show. I was stoked. Then when I found out what the winning quilt was, I was even happier. The winning quilt won Judges Award at MQS 2010, has previously been awarded best in the State show, has one a Master Quilters award, and numerous others.

Inital post:

I have been piecing this quilt since January. It was my break from the hexagon quilt. I have just to finish the binding and then I will use it to display at a few local show. The larger Stars are pieced using Marti Michell templates. The smaller stars are 8" squares and made using foundation papers.

Of course I had to put feathers on it. Spines were marked with soap slivers. So Fine on the top and Bottomline in the bobbin.

I used Deloa's appliguide as the curve for the spines of the cream/red corner square. All the rest is ME - freehand after the spine marking.

Lyn

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was phoned this week to say this quilt has one second place at the Brisbane Royal Agricultural show. I was stoked. Then when I found out what the winning quilt was, I was even happier. The winning quilt won Judges Award at MQS 2010, has previously been awarded best in the State show, has one a Master Quilters award, and numerous others.

Inital post:

I have been piecing this quilt since January. It was my break from the hexagon quilt. I have just to finish the binding and then I will use it to display at a few local show. The larger Stars are pieced using Marti Michell templates. The smaller stars are 8" squares and made using foundation papers.

Of course I had to put feathers on it. Spines were marked with soap slivers. So Fine on the top and Bottomline in the bobbin.

I used Deloa's appliguide as the curve for the spines of the cream/red corner square. All the rest is ME - freehand after the spine marking.

Lyn

post--13461904352924_thumb.jpg

Archived