Magna-Glides wholesale?

You can order them from www.filtec.com. That site is a wholesale site. I use the poly threads and bobbins. But there is cotton as well. They used to give you a sample to try before you have to buy - don't know if they still do that or not, but you could ask. And you have to register in order for you to see the prices. ;)

edit: :o I'm sorry that I gave you the wrong web site. It should have been www.bobbincentral.com - I can't belive that I did that. I do know better! :)

They took down the other colors because they said they couldn't get a consistant color from batch to batch. Their glide was replacing those, at least that is the way I understood it. I want the magna glide because the thread is thinner and it is more comparible to bottom line. I think the glide bobbins are only 71 yards or there abouts and that would get pretty pricey.

Yup. Classic is the thin one. I'm going to call on Monday to see what's up with the colors. I don't care if the colors match exactly from batch to batch. I was just about to order more cream and tan. Sure hope I still can. I'll be hugely disappointed if I can't, and a bit surprized because I think they know that many of us prefer the thin thread in the bobbin.

Jess

I like the Glide filled Manga bobbins, but they sure run out fast ! I prefer the classic with the thinner thread. You can quilt a long time with one bobbin. I heard the same thing that they were having some issues with their colors. Sure hope they get it worked out. I use the creams and tans a lot and sure hate to see them gone. :(

• 4 months later...

We offer white and black "L" and "M" bobbins in the "classics". This is what we initially developed for commercial embroidery. We hope to add 10-12 popular colors in classics this year.

Magna-Glide "Delights" are colored bobbins wound directly from our glide spool so that the long-arm quilter gets perfect color matching. "Delights" are available in 48 popular colors in "L", and in "M".

www.bobbincentral.com

Originally posted by glide!12

We offer white and black "L" and "M" bobbins in the "classics". This is what we initially developed for commercial embroidery. We hope to add 10-12 popular colors in classics this year.

Please, please, please, bring back the neutral colors... the tans, creams and greys. I am almost out and was very dissapointed to see them no longer available.

Although I have already email my concern directly to FilTec, I will add my name to the list of quilters who want more colors in the magnetic bobbins, with the fine thread. These are a wonderful product, and produce great back tension. I am just not interested in a bobbin that holds only 72 yards of thread. I am looking forward to more neutral colors also. Please keep us advised when you have these available. I too, do not care about totally consistent color from one batch to the next. How about making a colorless one!

Offering the high yardage bobbins in multiple neutral shades is a priority for us. I also noticed that somebody inquired about a "colorless" bobbin. We are also working on developing a plastic-sided bobbin with monofilament thread (clear) on it. This is a challenge.. Please note that we are moving forward as quickly as possible to provide quality products to the long-arm industry. Our "Premo-Soft" poly spun product is stronger than "So Fine", and is available in 96 colors, and 24 matching bobbin colors.

As we move closer to developing limited bobbin colors in the classsics again, please feel free to provide me with your top choices for bobbin colors. Please note that we will not have more than 10 colors along with white and black. I plan on packing these 100 bobbins (bulk) per box. Comments or thoughts? Thank you! Chris

Archived