Lets all estimate***Prize Added***08/30 **We have a winner!!

Well, I just wanted to see what everyone would come up with. We took the order for this complete quilt. It is a modified pattern from the June 2007 issue of McCalls Magazine. The customer wanted a few extra details to it, so Jane added them. The finished quilt is 118 x 112 inches. The batting, (wool), backing and all fabric came to about $ 200.00. Jane has about 30 hrs in several sittings, I started quilting it on Wed. Am and finished this A.M, approximately 30 to 35 hours between Birthday Parties and fishing. LOL.

What would you Charge??--- Maybe we can get some ideas and compare notes to see where we all stand. I know location will play a roll in this too! Have fun, -----Grasshopper

see photo's

DCP_1446%2C-web.jpg

DCP_1449%2C-web.jpg

DCP_1447%2C-web.jpg

DCP_1448%2Cweb.jpg

[i]PRIZE ADDED[/i]null I make these pin cushions on the wood lathe and then Jane stuffs them with batting scraps and then covers them with carded, dyed wool and hand felts them. The one who comes closest to our bill will receive a pin cushion for their effort and the fun of participating. We will mail - no shipping charges for the winner!!!! Hey were family!

All others will get a 30% discount on any of our long arm accessories, wooden ruler holders, and wooden irons from our website. Just a thank you for having fun! Winner will be announced this Tuesday evening. Use the discount code word, estimate, till Sept 30 for the discount to apply, yes you can have more than one item with this discount!

Pin Cushion Photo;

Pin-Cushion-web.jpg

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O.K. I'm game--LOL--(grasshopper season), The one that comes the closest to our final price will win a lifetime membership in the Don't step on the Grasshopper Fan Club! No, I'll think of something from our inventory. Sounds like a fun thing to do.---Dave B.

Let you know tomorrow!

Archived