Lets all estimate***Prize Added***08/30 **We have a winner!!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still a newbie - so my quilting wouldn't look quite as nice . . . .

Materials: $200

Piecing/cutting: $10x30=$300

Quilting: 0.035*118*112=462.56

Binding (finished by hand): 0.25*x460=115

Total:1077.56 - way too low:)

I have one customer who would pay that; the rest would run.

Lynn

I wanna play, too! Am I too late?

Materials = 200

Piecing 30 hours/ $15/ hr (cheap labor - it's only a hobby, so they say) = 450

Quilting 112 X 118 = 13216 X .04/in =528.64

Binding 39 ft X 2/ft = 78

Total 1234.64 - but I would feel guilty charging that much, especially if it was a friend, so...

Less 20% off my labor ( not materials) leaves me at $1107.71!

The Batting is Hobbs Wool - I either ordered it from Sue at the Quilting Connection in Elkhorn, WI or Kingsman Supply in Illinois. We also use Quilters Dream wool or Alpaca wool from Back to Back.

Winner will be chosen tonight - 8/31/2010 at 6 PM US Central time!!! The pin cushions were not put on the web site, as they were originally made as gifts for family and friends- plus the color of the wool is really varied - but we will add them and try to figure out something for the color choices. The cost will be $15.00.

We had no idea that this would be so fun. We did not know what the reaction would be and that it would turn into "The Price is Right'. Love this forum!!! Since this is the first quilt we have done on this level - we just wanted to know if our pricing was somewhat in the ball park!!!! We have done lots of baby and lap quilts from scratch - but not this size and detailed - I love it and am trying to figure out if we have time to make one for ourselves!!!!

Thanks everyone for making this so incredibly fun!!!:D

Archived