I'm interested in buying a APQS-want honest opinions.

I had a mid arm first for about a month. (Couldn't stand the 10 inch throat space) Then returned it and bought the APQS Millenium with bliss last year. I am so glad I bought the APQS. Played with other machines at the Quilt show, and I love my machine the best. The bliss system makes quilting so easy. When I had problems with the LED lights (I broke it myself). I got a replacement within a few days and Dawn helped me get it in and I did it myself. The customer service is tops!! Even though I am far away in Hawaii, everyone is great when I need help! I love my Millenium.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I pruchased my 2005 Liberty in 2008, I was in contact directly with APQS for all the info, and they had the refirbished machine in the factory there in Iowa. When it came time to make the purchase, APQS said there was a new rep in my general area and asked if I wanted to go through her (Lorraine Harnish). I asked them if there was any real difference and was told the reps get a commission, and they will also run beginner classes which would be convenient for me to attend. I then decided to go through Lorraine. Why not help out a local rep get a commission?

When I bought my machine in the early 90's, I went to Paducah and tried the three machines available.

Gammil was to heavy at the time, and I did not like the oiling system.

Nolting was awkward.

Apqs was perfect, took the brosures home and read all of them. found out that a drapery factory near my home had several of the machines, as Mark said operating around the clock. I went and was amazed I was there for about an hour and no problems. I purchased an ULT II and never looked back.

And by the way when I sprayed glue into the bobbin case of my machine Dawn called me on the week end and talked me through a proceedure (took a half hour or so) I ended up sending it to the hospital. Only time needed.

Ginny

Originally posted by nineva

Deb, you beat me to it. I was wondering the same thing. I love APQS and the support staff, but that is exactly what I think of them, as support to the best machine on the market. You don't go to the Ford factory to buy a truck and you don't go to the Bernina factory to buy a DSM. You go to an authorized dealer, buy the item and get the service from them. Frankly I am surprised the mother ship would compete with their dealers in this horrible economy. And please, most of you know I do not mean this in any kind of negative way. Even though it is an old post, it still brings up the thought that has crossed my mind everytime I see that another person has bought from Iowa. Who is going to actually come to your home and service your machine? Dawn, Mark, Heidi? More likely Katy, Deb, Myrna, Barb...etc. AGAIN NO OFFENSE is meant. Just food for thought. If you were getting a better deal I could understand it, but the price is the same. Ok i will go back to my corner now.....:cool::cool:

FYI, yes, reps get commissions on sales in which they participate, even at road shows (but it is a much smaller slice). It may not be true of all Reps, but I support any APQS owner I can get to, whether they made their initial purchase through me or not. The way I see it, happy customers (and educated ones!) makes ALL of us look good.

And, yes, this was a REAL old thread when it was picked up again!

I know I am late to post on this message. My first machine was a Gammill Opt. I always had trouble with consistent stitches. I never could get the help I needed even when I called the company directly. So I sold my gammill, bought an APQS machine. I love the customer service. I get help when needed and it resolves any problems, but I rarely if ever need help. I love my APQS machine. I'd never switch to another company! They support their products. You can't go wrong with APQS.

Archived