Relocating

Myrna Ficken

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW,:) My website will stay active and as is, I will ship order right up to the time I move. I will not be able to ship between Oct 9 - Oct 12 but will ship orders I get during those days startling back up on the 13th. If you need anything before then please place your orders. The more I ship the less I pack.....YES

Ummmmmm ANYTHING in Washington State, the Evergreen state is wonderful.. Just ask me! LOL,,, lordy I'm homesick.. You will find folks pretty friendly, traffic a nightmare.. unless you stay on the freeway thru town.. LOL, Well, it's nearly that Bad. You will find speed different, and if you want to change lanes, they will more often than not, speed up to block you out. if you need in a lane left of you, roll your window down and hand signal.. Usually that will convince them enough to let you in unless you meet a total buttho*e..

Prices may be a bit higher in the grocery store, it will be hard to find fresh saltwater fish in the grocery.. um.. you will need warm winter clothes.. have the freeon in your vehicles checked for temp levels.. etc.. Just things we always find when we move, and settle in somewhere new. If you should chance to meet Shawn C, or Sherman C both are Smiths.. give them a wide birth, even if Shermie advertizes as a Christian financial advisor. Sherman is a crook, and has spent time in prison, Shawn is his son, scared silly of his Dad, so will do anything to stay on his good side. If I didn't KNOW FOR a FACT by having tried to do business with him, I would Not Mention it. We are one family out of hundreds who got the money we invested back.. plus back interest for late payments to us. God have mercy on his black heart. He was selecting church members across the country.

Hey Rita, that sounds more like Seattle than Spokane. Been here for 30 years and yes, there are jerks, but OMG move to Florida and try to drive. NOT!!!!!! Hey..quit trying to get the woman to Iowa. She is moving to Spokane now let it go. Meanwhile I am at 30,000 feet playing on the internet. How weird has this world gotten? See ya soon Myrna.....LOL

Nancy

Myrna, I am totally convinced that no matter where you live, we quilters will find you! I just did a quick "google" from my home to your new town and it's 2,039 km. A little far for me to drive, but there are always planes! LOL!

I am wishing you a safe and happy journey to your new home. You'll have to share some photos of your new digs. Will you have a studio there? :cool:

Hi Myrna: Life just gets better and better for you. Spokane is a very picturesque area with hints of the mountains you loved in UT, and the green of your present location. As long as there is a large room for your longarm, space for your double wide layout table, and lots of shelving for all your fabrics, you'll love it. All the best with your move. Here is the email for a quilter friend who lives in Spokane and also in Anthem, AZ when she can get away for a few weeks.

This program didn't allow for an email to be embedded in the message so I'll email it to you.

Debbie is a bright spirit that you will totally enjoy as she smiles all the time and has enthusiasm for life. Mostly she is a piecer but as a friend she will be most valuable. She is tall and thin like you, and perhaps you will be soul sisters.

Vicki

Originally posted by Myrna Ficken

Bunny. I have thought about it. It's cold in Iowa....a lot....

Yes - even MORE reason for making quilts... as if we needed more! ;)

We would love to have to close by Lady, you sure to move around a bunch. I bet you have it all in control. Good Luck and stay safe!! Hope all goes well :cool:

Lynda sounds like a plan. Myrna, hope your move goes well and you'll be close the Moxies would love to have you in our midst. I have friends in Spokane I haven't seen in some time maybe a visit when you are teaching should be on my calendar. again welcome to the Northwest

Dale in Astoria aka moonwoman

Archived