Relocating

Myrna Ficken

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hummmm, Myrna the Moxie!!! Kind of has a ring to it. Myrna we'll miss you here in the mid-Atlantic :(but wish you the best on you're new adventure. See you around the show circuit. You are correct, if you've driven in Washington DC, traffic anywhere else is a piece of cake:cool:

Myrna and Nancy Jo, You are right.. Seattle was really messed up when they replaced the Alaskan Way Viadock. La wasn't hard for me to drive in, but now, since I'm more "matured or ripened "I try to stay away

From large Cities.. like Boston, (kamakazi city).. NY, Seattle, Chicago, etc.

I do think you will like it there.. I just need to be in a greener place, with a few less Pines and more disciduous trees..

Myrna....you ARE going to make it thru this with complete FLYING COLORS..I have NO doubt!

This change will lead you down a fresh new path that is open with unlimited possibilities! I can tell that you are ready for this new path!

Many hugs to you!

Love,

P.S. Jason says "What? My 2nd wife is moving and I dont have to help? What's up with that? LOL!"

I'm sure you will like Spokane better than Laurel. Laurel used to be a nice place to live, but not so much any more. I'm surprised you stayed as long as you did. It seems to me there is also a more vibrant quilting community in Washington state. Is that right?

Just thinking about you as you make your treck west.

Jess

Myrna,

Spokane is a beautiful place to live. There is a great quilt shop in Spokane Valley called The Quilting Bee. The ladies in there are so nice. Washington state is gorgeous, except for maybe the middle area. Check out Mt. Rainier when you get a chance. We travel through there every summer to Coeur D'Alene, Idaho to visit family. I love to take long arm lessons with you. Maybe next summer?

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck on your move Myrna! Wish I could have gotten to your classes while you were in Maryland - now it's really too far from me! As many others know, the kids and family always come first. I'll just have to get more of your videos!

I did send you an email and order for the M & M wheels, once you are settled check into it for me - no rush!

Archived