2004 Millie $11,000. New lower price. PRETTY SURE SHE IS SOLD!!!!

The time has come to sell my machine. Because of medical problems, and too many family illnesses to count, and because I am working fulltime and have no time for quilting, I am selling my Millie. (Is that enough excuses? :D) This machine is located in Kansas City, Missouri. I would be willing to set up the machine and give you beginner lessons, if you are in the KC area. This machine does not have the led lighting system. This machine has the onboard bobbin winder, that I still use. This machine had a complete overhaul/spa treatment in 2009, and I have only completed about 4 quilts since then. Here are the specifics:

Copied from the APQS web site Millie description:

On-demand Automatic Stitch Regulator - will reduce your practice time significantly and get you off to a good start with perfect stitches every time.

Handcrafted from aircraft grade aluminum

Throat size of 26" x 10.5" - With 23 square feet of capacity without advancing the fabric

Weight 52 lbs (24 kgs)

Voltage 120V (50/60 Hz)

Super-quiet enclosed DC motor

Precision timing by Synchronous Belt Drive

Standard APQS hopping foot specially designed for use with ruler and guide accessories

Fully adjustable, ergonomically designed handles eliminate carpal tunnel injuries and provide for maximum visibility

Two-stage automatic needle positioner

Single-stitch function

Lower thread cutter, an APQS exclusive

Electronic channel locks for both horizontal and vertical straight-line quilting at the touch of a button

Power fabric advance with foot pedal control maintains consistent fabric pressure to eliminate wrinkles and puckers in the quilt.

Also included:

Hartley fly wheel cover

1 zipper set

Homemade expanded base for thread cutter

Well, actually, I have scoliosis, which is not an uncommon condition, but it is really affecting me now. I was diagnosed when I was a kid, and they told me then that I needed to do certain exercise, and not do others. Hey, I was a kid! They wanted me to only ride a bike. The years went by and 3 accidents where I was rear ended and ended up with acute whiplash each time didn't help. At this point, I can't even swim, it hurts my shoulders too bad. I was told not to try Yoga or even Tai Chi. I have been in physical therapy for about 4 months now, twice a week. I have had to make the decision to take things out of my life that are not helping. I do plan to make quilt tops when I feel like it ...and now I know some really great quilters ;) I bought the Accuquilt GO and have been adding to my stash of dies. Anyway, you can't get rid of me that easy....I have been blabbing here on this site for way too long to quit that! :P

Have you thought of pain management? I have never done it but I have friends who have. I am the one who had back surgery (through my neck) where they removed and fused 2 disk in my spine. They "sanded" lots of my disk and said I had large long bone spirs. I still have flare ups but I'm ok. They dont feel any of this would help you? I just feel really badly about you selling your machine!!!!

Wow. I didn't expect to read this topic. Mary Beth I've always enjoyed reading your messages. I just lurk here but feel like I know you. Full time (nusring wasn't it?) certainly won't leave much time for quilting. You might consider trying Tai Chi Cha rather than Tai Chi. It's an American form and easier on the body. Just do a search for locations. Have you considered using a form of robot to move your LA? They are much less expensive than the computerized LAs but not as nice. Although I enjoy quilting on a frame it was too hard to do other than small things. The only physical part of quilting now is loading and taking off. (Okay, maybe more than that but not anything like following pantos or just moving around with the quilting.) Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Sorry to hear of your health problems Mary Beth. At the end of the day you have to put your health first and foremost. Having recently been rear ended myself and suffering Whiplash still I can empathise with your pain. I still cannot overdo things 3 months later !!!

I hope that all goes well for you in a machine less future !!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Mary Beth, so sorry the scoliosis is that devastating for you. You are taking the path you have to take, which isn't necessarily the path you Want to take.. Take care of the body, it begins to go down hill and really doesn't stop.. That is more important than quilting as much as we love it.

Just please stick around and come tell us about your Go experiences, patterns you are working on, how life is going.. we don't want to miss you, we need you around.

Prayers for you, and yours...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Mary Beth, I've had a busy year, and hardly been on this site at all. Just dropped in today for my quilting fix as I haven't had time to quilt for months, and was very surprised to read your post. I hope all goes well with your machine sale. Please don't drop off this site when you do sell. Ever since I've had my machine 2007? I've enjoyed coming on here and seeing your posts. You were really helpful to me when I first started asking questions here. More power to you for arranging your life as you need it to be. I'm hoping to prioritise and get more quilting time in 2011, very little for customers and more time to feed the creative soul (I hope).

Love and best wishes

Judy

Archived