Be on the Lookout

PattyJo

I just got an e-mail from Quilter's Rule which says:

If you were planning to visit our booth in Tucson, AZ this weekend we are sad to announce we will not be selling at the show. Sonja who was doing the show called this morning to tell us her cargo trailer with all the merchandise was stolen last night out of the hotel parking lot. She is filing a police report now.

I am just sick about this as I'm sure Sonja and the whole Quilter's Rule team is. Not to mention that I'm mad as well. :mad:

I keep hovering here to see a happy resolution of this--please let us know as soon as you hear anything.

Scumbags! Don't be messin' with our quilty stuff!:mad:

(Remember the urban myth of the garbage (or worse) wrapped like Christmas presents and stolen from a car? I bet the thieves felt the same way when they couldn't figure out what they had stolen!)

You guys should get a couple of big Rottweilers or Pit Bulls and have them sleep by the trailer or in it that way when they open the trailer they will get a BIG surprise. Had a friend once who had a doberman and they went to dinner one night and this person broke into their house. The dog calmly let the thief gather all the booty in a pile and thinking the dog was tame the thief tried to leave and the dog gave him an ass whipping I know he will never forget not to mention the guy got arrested. The dog had him cornered when the owners came home from dinner.

Nora

Heidi, I was thinking the same. I bet Quilters Rule items will be hitting ebay. I wonder if the police monitor that site for activity. What slugs to steal from someone else. I feel so bad for Sonja. Maybe I'll go on her web site and order some stuff that I "need" to help make up for lost show sales.

Dianne

I guess all trailors need to be brightly painted with your logo and ads so they can be easily identified if stolen. I guess we have gotten to a place in our world today we need a GPS chip installed in anything that can walk away. I heard just the other day where a guy "lost" his new high dollar phone and tracked it down to someone's house and the police got it back for him. Turns out someone who worked at the airport stole it from him when he laid it down. The thief got fired. I know some cars can be tracked down. It is something to think about. If the items show up on ebay, perhaps ebay can report who and where they are.

I think that Shana's idea will happen...that they'll abandon the goods once they figure out it's not maybe what they thought.

I think that up here this summer, something similar happened but it was a trailer that was transporting animals and the driver had hunkered down for the night in a motel. I seem to think the animals were something like tigers. What a surprise for the thieves.....the truck was found later with animals intact and safe.

I haven't heard anything on it yet. I'm afraid that it is probably long gone down to Mexico. If only some of those rulers would have teeth and growl a bit. Tucson is close to the border and most of the border towns have stuff like this happening all the time. It is sad to say, but that is the way it is. I'm still praying about it and I'm still angry about it too. :mad:

Archived