have you tried ?

quiltingnanny

Originally posted by quiltingnanny

Yes, will it work ?

It will work. There was a lady on here years ago, can't remember her name. But she would use the Zig Zag template and go across the quilt and then go back over and do her detail stitching. For example on an applique, she would template the whole quilt then do detail over it in the applique.

Why not give it a try! There are no rules to quilting, right??? ;)

Sorry we didn't have more time to chat at the show. Did you enjoy it?

Isn't that sort of the theory behind "Twice Quilted"..the book? I think it could be nice, if you used different thread for the stars than you did for the cross-hatching: something that blends with the background for the cross-hatching, and something that stands out for the stars. I am going to give this a try on a small project sometime. I did a wall-hanging where it had big squares in the border. I SID between the squares, out to the edge, then went back and put stars over it in contrasting thread. It looked great.

Not a problem Patty ! Glad you were so busy ! Hope you did well. I enjoyed the show this year much better than last year. New vendors ! I have a large quilt that is constructed like nothing I've ever seen. I wish I could post pics, but that isn't going to happen. LOL The quilt is basically a 108x108 piece of white fabric with an 8 pointed, pieced star appliqued on in the middle. The inner border is even appliqued on ! I thought of ch and doing the star randomly around the quilt. What do you think ? The appliqued star is done in several red prints. I'm still struggling with custon work. Not a lot of my ideas that will go from brain to hands ! Glenda

Archived