4-H Silent Auction Quilt

One of the local quilters, Sally, finally succumbed to annual requests to donate a quilt to the local 4-H. There is a Junior Fair in our little town every year where the 4-H shows off their farm animals. They have a couple of auctions, regular and silent auction, during the fair.

In the past, she has seen apple pies go for as much as $300 in the regular auction but crafts don't usually do well. Sally

will give one of her quilts to the silent auction to benefit the

4H. She is afraid that her quilt will sell for some ridiculously low price. When she told me about it, I thought it was so

generous of her to donate her time and fabric to such a

worthwhile cause. So I asked her if I could donate my

quilting to the project.

I used Paisley Playtime from Lorien Quilting in the body and Chantilly Lace by Norma Sharp in the outer border and corners. I used Superior King Tut DeNile thread top and bobbin. The batting is Soft & Bright by Warm. Sally was very pleased with it.

The quilt fetched $625 for the 4-H.

Hay Linda: Great job, :cool:

You couldn't get a better felling than helping out a club the 4-H, they are the best group.

Here in Duncan our Guild helps out with money & prizes for our local fall fair.

One day when the boys are out of my hair, I plan to help teach the kids to peice & quilt. ;)

Linda,

I just sent the picture of your quilt to our 4H Director, before I read your last post:( I am so bad about opening my mouth too early!!:) I wouldn't mind really, it is a good cause. But I hope they ask me soon. I am running out of hours to work for a living....quilting is starting to consume - Yippee!!

Archived