new kid on the block

Hi I am new the this forum-it is a little confusing to me---But it is easy to confuse me--I am waiting for my Machine to arive-Very Excited!! cannot wait to get started, I am hopeing I will get a lot of help here on this site. I have been quilting for a number of years-(started with stincels and sissors) and I have been doing a lot of quilting for others on my Handi Quilter--then I got board with just stippling-so I took the plunge!! :D This has been a dream of mine for a number of years--

Hope to ger accquanted with you all---

Deb---tangled threads

Hi Deb! Welcome to the message boards and to the APQS family!! We're happy to have you. I am here anytime I can offer assistance with anything. You can contact me on these boards or private email at carla@apqs.com or phone our 800 number and my direct extension is 15. Just give a yell anytime I can help out. The factory extension is 6 and you'll probably want to store that in your memory banks as well. Connie is available there to help with any technical issues. She's great and always ready with a good answer!

The folks who have been participating on these boards are terrific as well and will be able to offer you some really great tips as well. Wonderful people; always glad to help.

There certainly are videos out there that you can purchase to help with style and technique. Most of them are done on other brands of machines, but many of the things they teach are universal to all longarm machines. Marcia Stevens has some videos and she can be contacted at 218-828-9116 or mstevens@brainerd.net. King's Men Quilting Supply also carries several videos that you may be interested in viewing as well. You can access them on the web at www.kmquiltingsupply.com .

Again, we welcome you! Keep us posted on your progress.

• 2 years later...

You won't go wrong with APQS. We've had our Millie over four years now and you won't find any better service or support folks. (trust me, I've dealt with one of the others before). Regular servicing or when in the rare case it has needed an adjustment or repair, I've done them myself with the APQS folks talking me through them. Great company, great people, great product.

We are planning on being in the midwest in June and will take a day to stop by the plant and meet them.

Carl Haneline

Cottonseed Quilting Co.

New York

Archived