A New Toy and a gotta have

Bonnie

Hey!!!! I just found the next best thing to "Death by Chocolate cake", "Double Scoops of ice cream"

I just found the answer to all our questions of how to mark a quilt....it even comes in a can....it's called "Marking Magic" you can look it up at www.quiltingcreations.com and man does it not only save time in marking its a breeze to get off...a damp rag or sponge and your customer will never even know that you marked the quilt...no more blue and lavender lines to deal with. I marked a whole quilt and it only took me about 20 minutes and it stayed until I wiped it off.....ya gotta go find this stuff its amazing....they just got it in the quilt store that I was quilting for...go figure, now that I am not quilting professionally any more they get new toys.

It like a liquid chalk in an can...it costs $12.98 a can and I did a large lap quilt with one can and it didn't brush off or flake off while I was quilting....so far not only amazed, but think its a great product. Sure beats the chalk pencils that I have been using for the last 5 years.

Bonine

There is also a newer product chalk for marking quilts that stays put on the quilt top (doesn't bounce off) and easily is removed with steam. This product is called "Miracle Chalk" and can be purchased at www.miraclechalk.com. It is not a spray but actual chalk to put in your pounce pad or use with your sponge brush to chalk a stencil. It is really good stuff!!

Nancy :)

Guest Linda S

I've only tried the Miracle Chalk, which I just love. It's a lot less expensive than the stuff in the can. I haven't tried that yet because of the cost.

Linda

Bonnie, thanks for the tip. You said it was $12.98 a can and did you use an entire can on the lap quilt. Sounds wonderful but pretty expensive. Maybe I didn't get it right.

The Miracle Chalk sounds good too. Just love all the stuff that's coming out these days. And thank you all for passing along the great tips.

No I didn't even come close to using the whole can....the website says that a can will do a double quilt, but I'm pretty sure it would have had tons of designs to use a whole can....I haven't found the other chalk yet...will be on the look out for that one as well.

Guest Linda S

Oh! I misunderstood! I thought you used the whole can on that quilt and figured if I had to spring for $13 for every quilt, it would get way too expensive. I'll have to check it out.

You can get the miracle chalk at www.miraclechalk.com Actually, I think that's the only place you can get it, unless she happens to be at a quilt show!

Linda

Archived