APQS is coming to Idaho & Montana!

barbm

I will be making a service circuit through Idaho and western Montana in late January/early February. If you need on-site machine service, a Beginner's Class, parts & supplies - anything at all - let me know.

I already have appointments in Meridian, ID (near Boise), Blackfoot, ID (near Pocatello) and Lincoln, MT (near Great Falls), so if you want to get on the schedule, call or e-mail now!

Vickie, it may look like a long drive on the map, but I don't consider it quite "mid-west-ish"!:P But I will see a LOT of the Rockies, I think....

And if you've been thinking about upgrading to the new M&M wheels, this is the perfect opportunity to have them delivered and installed by an expert - I'm on my second dozen sets, I think! You'll have to let me know ahead of time if you want them, so I can have enough on hand for the trip, but you don't have to pay for the wheels and installation until I get there. How's that for a deal?

Hey Barb:

I am geography challenged; I knew if I said "mid-west it would be west", or what do you call that area, LOL?

Anyway, have a great trip. Sounds like a wonderful opportunity to meet fellow APQS owners and maybe some new customers!!

Great chance for them to get new M&M wheels for those that may be shy about tackling an upgrade alone!

Have fun!

Vickie Oliver

Beachside Quilter

APQS Rep SW FL

• 2 weeks later...

I could use all of the above if you ever come to No. California. My thread cutter won't stop (even when I turn off and on the Millie), the stitch length/speed doesn't hold and the thread is too short to pull through to the top when I do successfully cut with the thread cutter. I have to remove the bobbin and pull on the tail to make it long enough. Marcia

Marcia,

Adjustments in the thread cutter aren't hard - there is a section in your manual about the thread cutter. As to the thread tail length, once you've finished stitching, pull the machine a little ways away from your last stitch before activating the cutter - this will make a longer tail to pull up to the top (or clip when you're done). And when you cycle the needle to bring your new thread up, don't move the head very far, just far enough to get the hopping foot out of the way - then you should be able to grab the end of the thread to make it long enough to secure.

But you should be talking to your local Rep or to the APQS service dept. about your stitch regulator issues - that's not something you should be suffering through alone!

• 1 month later...

;) Hi Barb, sent you an e-mail, I don't see your phone # anywhere . . . but would call if I had it . . . what day are you scheduling appointments??? How much do you charge for a service call? I sent you my location, contact info and detail of my problem in the e-mail. Hope to hear from you soon.

BTW, Idaho is definitely in the West, no Mid near us, only Oregon is more West. Probably thinking of Iowa, lots of people make that correlation, never have been able to understand the how or why, but it's very normal for the geographically challenged. In the condensed version, we're all about Mountains and Rivers in the North(cool, green and shady) and Farmland and Lava floes in the South (hot, dry and/or irrigated cropland). Like two completely different sides of a coin.

Archived