Clear View (Officially called Side View) for Longarm

Georgene

Kristina Perkins (sagebrushquilter) had an idea and Dave (Dave-Jane) [Grasshopper] Brown of www.countryquiltsncrafts.com made it a reality. They asked me to try it out to see how I liked it.

What is it? A see-thru cover for your longarm that allows you to see the stitching mechanism, but, more importantly, it allows you to see if any threads are wrapped around your flywheel or if the parts are getting oiled properly and to see when the area might need cleaning.

Dave says it can also help you see the hopping foot adjustment more clearly. I haven't had to do that since adding the see-thru cover. But I think it’s a nifty idea and I do like it.

I suppose if anyone else wants one, they could contact Dave. It's easy to install, just remove a few screws, position the clear view plate, and reattach the screws.

post--13461905200051_thumb.jpg

Now you all have me wondering...is someone else making these for sale? Dave and I have been working on this for a bit now. We hope to have them for sale soon. We also have one for the right side where the tension is. These are called the SideView and work beautifully to add light into a dark area. You can see clearly if everything is being oiled properly, and can make the hopping foot adjustment easier too. Thanks for trying this out Georgene!:)

Shirley,

For the Scissors hook, I removed a screw and screwed in this hook. They were being sold at MQX by one of the vendors who sold APQS parts. I think it was the same vendor who sells the zipper system, but not sure.

I didn't actually buy it, Connie (Sweetgator) did, but once she got the IQ on her machine, it wouldn't fit, so she gave it to me.

We're work'in on it right now! Hopefully ready very soon----Dave B.

P.S. You can get those hooks at a hardware store and make sure you get two nuts, you adjust the depth of the screw and tighten the nuts together to lock the hook in place. Take one of your machine's screws with so you get the right size thread. Mine is placed on the upper left front screw hole. You can put it wherever it suits you in the existing holes.

Dave, really glad that you didn't mind me giving Georgene the test plate, it looks great on her machine. I totally forgot about buying those hooks for my machine, I'll have to figure out where I stashed them. I did get the hooks from the place that sells the zippers.

Hey kids,

I've had one on my machine for a long time now. I got it at Tap Plastics in Sacramento and they cut it for me and made all the holes also. All you have to do is take down your side panel and they do the rest. I had mine made out of Polycarbonite, it an unbreakable plastic. Get it done, it's well worth the money. Only about $12 for an APQS machine. zeke..................

p.s. If you know others who want one too, the cost goes down a bit.

Hey Gail, How are ya doing. Got your text with your new #. Thanks.

Hey Dave.

I'll give them a call next Monday and find out what the price will be. I had mine done a while before I had Gail Drakes done. Then I had one done for a Gammill Quilting Machine and the price was still the same as before. I had the Gammill done about three months ago, but I'll check.

zeke..................

Archived