Clear View (Officially called Side View) for Longarm

Georgene

With the oiling tubes added - both pieces will be about $20-25. The cut plastic pieces are ordered and then they need to be custom cut and the oiling tubes and wicks added. They should be ready to be sold by the end of the month.

Dave has his leg surgery scheduled for the 20th - so with doctors appts, just little behind on everything.

Thanks for the patience!!!

Jane

Originally posted by SheriB

Jane, I want them!

Please add my name to the list.

Let me know where to mail pymt to and how much!

Oh, and I have only 1 oiling wick on the side (Left) and the 3 on the top. Does that make a dif?? Guess I got confused when you said "wick(s)"

We will let everyone know when they are ready and direct you to our web site for ordering. We will give you the option for just one side or both. - You are correct - the oiling wick is on the left side only. I was just refering to making more than one clear view at a time.

We are working on the Lenni as well - those will be a little later.

Right now, Dave is having quite a bit of pain in his foot - so he is not standing much right now - so things are getting done very slow--

Pray that the circulation surgery for next week does not get postponed again and all goes well!!!

I had mine way before that and the idea has been around for more then 8 years, because I saw this on the forum a long time ago. This is nothing new, just an idea that was forgotten about, until I came across my paper templates a year ago. Like I said, mine are made of polycarbonate (unbreakable plastic) without the side oil port which made it easier to see the inside works of the machine. This also made it easier to see if you were over/under oiling your machine. zeke.................

I had one of these when I owned my APQS Ultimate II machine. I had the local Tap Plastic store make it. Using the metal cover as the template. It was wonderful! and one time when the upper thread broke and got sucked in by the flywheel, it was a machine life saver as I saw what had happened right away. I soon got a flywheel cover after that experience.

My now ProdigyQuilter comes with the clear view panel. Some people think it'd distracting to see every thing moving about, but you really don't notice it as every thing is rotating so fast and you really are not looking up or to the side when you are looking at the quilt (most of the time) :)

The name on it says QuiltTech.com. To mount it like mine, you'll need to buy some industrial strength double-sided tape. There are 2 sources below, I guess they are the same??? But one is much cheaper than the other????

UPDATE: Now I see. The cheaper one is only 10 ft long. The $15 one is for up to a 14' table.

I really like having it.

http://www.lovetoquilt.com/longarm_quilting_accessories/measuring_tape_zero_center.htm

http://www.quilttech.com/p-725-measuring-tape-14-qty-1-zero-center.aspx

Archived