Portable Air Compressor

don't know which one to recommend but can tell you that I bought a cambell hausfeld 100 psi and have to say that I don't like it at all. It is so loud that you can hardly stand to be in the same room while it is running and it doesn't hold pressure enough to get everything done that I want to do.:( Some day when I feel rich I will get a different one. I think I purchased it at maybe menards??? Good Luck

I just got one at Lowes for $90.00. It's made by Husky and it's on wheels. Very portable.

A friend told me about it and she has had hers for cpl yrs. No problems.

I had one that I got at Walmart but it was too noisy and no wheels. It took long to get pressure so I gave it to my SIL.

I bought a sears vacuum. It's the smallest one they have and was on sale for $14.99 a while ago. I also bought the small attachments that they have for it for about $7.99 so you can get into tight areas. The thing I like about it is that is sucks things up but if you put the hose on the other end it blows things out. It works very well for me and was inexpensive.

• 3 weeks later...

I love my air compressor. It is one of my prized tools and I use it DAILY multiple times. The best $$ I ever spent. I have the Sears Craftsman model. I think it was about $100 on sale. Look for sales. Mine looks similar to this. They make a smaller one, too that is probably a little cheaper. I like mine a lot because it really puts out the air pressure!

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00915310000P?vName=Tool%20Catalog&cN...

• 3 months later...

Finally broke down and bought one @ Harbor Freight. I have a little packet of air tools that comes in very handy. Sure beats spending the $$$ on little cans of air. Besides cleaning my machine I've discovered all sorts of uses for it. Blowing claulk off of a quilt. Touch-up Dusting! Do before dusting the rest of the room or vacuming. I use it on my fabric shelves, my hutch (sure beats moving all that glass!) the vents in my car, the heater/cold air returns....all those tiny spaces that are almost impossible to get the dust out of.

Makes a bit of noise but not for long.

I got mine at Harbor Freight too. Love that place. It is noisy, but so useful I'll put up with it. This morning I used it to clean all the filters in my bagless vacume cleaner. Quicker than washing them and waiting for them to get dry. I'm cleaning area rugs in the driveway today and used the compressor to blow away all the dust on the driveway before I rolled out my rugs. The sun gets them dry so quick, it seems almost easy.

Archived