How I organized my panto's for showing customers...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks so much for posting your idea. Do you have a problem with the tracing sticking to the other side of the protector and coming off? When I appliqued, I used upholstery plastic and always had to keep the tissue paper between the plastic sheets. So I was dreading trying to come up with a way to use that type of plastic to trace my pantos..

Also how much price variation is there in stitching? I am just starting to quilt for the public and would like to be knowledgeable about what to charge. I had already discovered the different in some of the pantos and I know I don't have any real complicated ones. In my area I think $.015 is starting for pantos.

Originally posted by Ardelle Kerr

Dell,

133!? I am soooooooooo jealous! Wanna share? :D

Sure! I ordered 4 more today from Paticia Ritter and she is going to resized the Merry Christmas for me for my 3 " border I need to quilt. BYW I went to staples today. Had a $20 coupon for ink cartirages. Used that and got 2 cents back. I'm ready to start drawing my pnatos. Want a come help!!!????

Originally posted by Ardelle Kerr

Dell, heck yea, I really want to come help! I see your in Florida. We're in the middle of a snow storm here, would LOVE to be in Florida right now. You going to feed me? ;)

Sure come on! It is going to be a warm 32 tonight~~~~

• 2 weeks later...

oh, don't know how I missed this... what a great idea Ardelle! Am going to do this too.

One question though... how did you get that nice clear computer printout of your panto for your "paper" binder? I just now tried by saving the thumbnail image of a panto off the internet, then inserted it into a Word document, but the image is all distorted from enlarging it. Did you trace that too? ...or what am I missing?! :o

Thanks for the awesome idea!

Originally posted by Sharon M

One question though... how did you get that nice clear computer printout of your panto for your "paper" binder? I just now tried by saving the thumbnail image of a panto off the internet, then inserted it into a Word document, but the image is all distorted from enlarging it. Did you trace that too? ...or what am I missing?! :o

Thanks for the awesome idea!

I had the same problem trying to save them into a Word doc. So, I took all of my paper pantos and went to Office Depot and stood at the copier and copied a nice image of each one. I made a binder with each in a sheet protector. Now whenever I buy new ones, I just run over there and make a copy and add to my binder.

Thank you so much for sharing this.

I looked at Office Depot and Office Max this week, but neither had the legal size sheet protectors....even said they didn't make them. Now I need to look for a legal size notebook to store them in.

So I just ordered some from Tiger Direct (and they were heavy duty) for $14.99. I actually ordered them through ebay, but they are being sold by Tiger Direct.

I look forward to using this neat idea.

I think I will trace my Circle Lord long boards too. And maybe even some of the other designs.

Archived