How I organized my panto's for showing customers...

Sharon, I actuallyh do not make the "paper" binder pages, my wonderful husband does! But I just asked him and he makes the immage from the internet as large as he can ( clicks on the thumbnail for a larger view) then saves it. If he can't do it that way, which is rare, he scans my panto. Bless his sole, when a new order comes into our store he does all this before as soon as he opens the pkg, and then he brings them to me all ready to put in my binder!:D:D:D

Georgene- That's about the same price I paid at Staples. Too funny that they would even tell you they didn't even make them, we know different!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well bless his heart! your hubby is a keeper! I think I will have to copy my pantos by myself! I will try your hubby's method first though!

I just checked out your store website....if I ever get up that way I'd love to come see! I got excited for a minute there, until I realized "Camrose".:o My 2 sisters & I go on a short vacation each summer to Canmore, (we rent a condo that has an awesome view of the Three Sisters mountains...we think it was meant for us! LOL) ....and I always drag them to the Sugarpine quilt shop there.... lovely store, I come home with a quilt kit each time to remember our trip. We travel through Drumheller, so I even checked mapquest to see how far you are from there! ah, a hundred miles might be a bit out of the way though :( .....I wish we had an extra day to go north!

• 1 year later...

Absolutely brilliant. Thank you so much for posting this great tip. I am a newbie this year and have learned more from reading everyone's posts and seeing all your beautiful quilting than I have anywhere else. So thanks to all of you who take the time to share!

Originally posted by susanramey

Originally posted by Sharon M

One question though... how did you get that nice clear computer printout of your panto for your "paper" binder? I just now tried by saving the thumbnail image of a panto off the internet, then inserted it into a Word document, but the image is all distorted from enlarging it. Did you trace that too? ...or what am I missing?! :o

Thanks for the awesome idea!

I had the same problem trying to save them into a Word doc. So, I took all of my paper pantos and went to Office Depot and stood at the copier and copied a nice image of each one. I made a binder with each in a sheet protector. Now whenever I buy new ones, I just run over there and make a copy and add to my binder.

To save and print the image that is online, I just right click and save it to my computer. To print it, open the folder the file resides in on your computer and right click on the file. You can print it this way.

I make a copy this way and one of the panto to show the original size and put them side to side in the binder. Ardelle's got a great idea using the protector sheets to draw on. I'm going to have to incorporate that, too! Thanks for sharing, Ardelle!

• 1 year later...

I trace on the outside, but it is a permanent marker, and dries quite quickly, I have had no issues...

I originally posted this some time ago. Not sure how it came up again, but just for the record, I still am using this system and still am very pleased with how it works. My customers really like it......

• 1 month later...

Ardelle, this is a great idea! Thank you so much for sharing. It comes under the category of " why couldn't I have thought of that" I am constantly dragging my pantos up and down a flight of stairs when customers come to drop off. My inventory has been increasing too. This will make it so much easier.....

• 1 month later...

I do this also.  I also keep an alphabetical list of all my pantos in the front of my book.  It keeps me from accidently re-ordering a panto that I like. :o  

I made my list on an Excell spread sheet.  It includes the name of the panto, size, source / who made the panto, and the degree of complexity of the panto (for pricing).  And, it's easy to update.

Also, when my new pantos arrive, before they go into the designated bin, I copy them on my printer.  Then, they can be put away.  The new pantos go in the front of my pantos book - in their "new" tab - until I update my list.  I update my list every few months.  Doing it this way keeps it from being too big of a task.  :) 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived