M&Ms vs Edgeriders?

I've been reading the posts about how much several of you love your M&M wheels.

I have an Ult 1 with Edgeriders. They are much better than the stock wheels, but I could still use an improvement in my ability to control the machine. I am still fairly frustrated by not being able to actually DO the things I think I should be able to do - backtracking, for example.

I can't say I'm enjoying using my machine yet. It still feels like a battle - some days he wins, some days it is a draw. I haven't prevailed yet:-} I know I should practice more, but because it isn't fun yet, I have trouble making myself get out there.....

I've been saving for a Quiltazoid. I'm wondering whether an upgrade to M&Ms would give me an immediate boost, even though it delayed the purchase of a QZ?

I have the edgeriders and can tell a marked difference. Don't be too hard on yourself. You are learning a new skill and it takes time, no matter how smoothly the machine itself moves. Your arms are in a different position than when you are writing and it took you some time to learn that. Give yourself a break and just play. You will find that over time you will be able to do the things you want.

Bonnie, I had edgeriders and switched to M&M wheels... They do not compare. My machine movement was so much smoother I was amazed. Practice designs on paper then the machine. Also be sure you table is VERY level. If you have questions that I might be able to help you with please give me a call.

Guest Linda S

Bonnie - edgeriders are great, but the M&Ms are a quantum leap above. I bought and paid for edgeriders and only had them on my machine a few months when I tried the M&M wheels. Even though I knew I was throwing away the money I spent on the edgeriders, I didn't hesitate to get the new wheels and I am so glad I did. I've never had such complete control over my machine!

Archived