Bobbin thread

Jedsews

Jackie I am by far no expert if fact I've only had my Millie 3 months really new. I think I saw this on the forum I will give it a shot and someone with more experience might chime in. When you stop at the end raise your needle move the machine away from your stop, grab onto your thread go back to the same hole you left off and put your needle back down in the hole you left off while holding onto thread put needle down in hole and come back up and the bobbin thread will come up with it. Hope this is right I started doing this and it works great that way both threads are on top to bury.

Hi Jackie,

At the end of your stitching line, needle up, push the machine head away for about six inches, grab the center of the top thread and bring the head back. While holding the thread, needle down in or near the last hole. Needle up. Push away an inch or so and tug on the top thread to pop the bobbin thread to the top. Holding the three threads (top thread and loop of bobbin thread) snip very close to the fabric.

This technique also makes sure your bobbin thread has a long enough tail to bring it up easily at your next start.

My favorite scissors for this task is a pair of curved-end embroidery scissors which sit on my front spindle.

Archived