Lining up panto for the next pass

I have quilted a few pantos now and when I go back to quilt the next pass it does not line up. I'll start at one point make a pass and the next time I have to move the laser over to the right of where I started from the last pass...why is that? Hope this makes since:o

• 1 year later...

Mary Lea, I am also researching panto and correct placement and advancing rows. I found a video on youtube put out by Gammillvision. It has part 1 and part 2. So far it is the best I have found discussing pantos. If you go to youtube and search pantograph quilting you will find gammillvision.

Let me know if this helps you.

Check if your leaders are rolling square as sometimes that can shift the next row over a little if that happens.

I usually choose a point on the pantograph and line up my laser to that, but sometimes I check the same point in the the pattern accross the whole quilt top and go with the average, as sometimes depending on the pattern I am not 100% precise hitting the line on every single part of the pattern and if you try to line up on an area which was not quilted exactly on the line, then you will be out. If you move your machine over the next row and make sure that the spacing is OK before you start to quilt. To make sure that no lines are quilted over on the previous row, if it is a close design.

Hope I make sense.

Archived