Outrageous Chocolate Chip Cookies

Stagecl

This is my all time favorite cookie. I love peanut butter and chocolate. I got the recipe off the Pilisbury flour bag many, many years ago. I have made a few changes and will post the recipe according to my changes...

Outrageous Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 C butter or margarine, softened

1/2 C peanutbutter

1/2 C packed brown sugar

1/3 C sugar

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla

1/4 tsp salt

1 tsp baking soda

1 1/4 C all purpose flour

1/2 C oatmeal

1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips (I like to use the mini chips)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat butter and peanut butter, brown sugar, sugar, egg and vanilla. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt; mix into creamed mixture. By hand stir in oatmeal and chips.

Drop by tablespoonful on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.

Yield approx. 2 dozen

Enjoy!

Cheryl Mathre

Stone Creek Quilting

Sandy Hook, VA :)

• 11 months later...

Yes, shame on you Cheryl, for posting this recipe. You know that peanut butter(and anything that contains peanut butter) is my weakness and I am supposed to be staying away from fattening foods right now. Cookies are supposed to be on my "Shana no touchy" list.

And, SHAME ON YOU, Too, Victoria, for bringing this post out of the depths and archives so that it is now tempting us; and it doesn't help that you made a comment about how good these cookies. Thanks a lot...!

Oh you naughty, bad, bad girls! :P

I think I have all the ingredients to make these cookies, except the peanut butter... guess that is going to be added to my grocery list...

Since I have been off line for about a month...my server was down...and a part was back ordered...I haven't had a chance to respond to your comments...

I am so glad you have enjoyed these cookies. I like the dough too...most any cookie doughs, cake batter...you name the type of dough...and I will most likely enjoy it.

Shana...I usually bake a batch of cookies, eat a few then give the rest away. I don't have to worry about eating too many cookies and consuming all the calories. Same goes for most of my desserts. Eat some....give the rest away.

My husbands co-workers are often the ones that get the goodies.

:)

Cheryl

Archived