Canadian quilter with a fuse problem?

Prairie Quilter

Hi,

I have a Millie that I bought in 2010, CSA approved for Canada.

While cleaning the machine I managed to get my cleaning rag drawn up into the hook area. I got it out pretty easily, but although the machine will power on the needle up/down button doesn't work and the machine won't start sewing. All other buttons are working normally (I can turn on the stitch regulator, bobbin thread cutter works, channel locks work, stitch length buttons work).

I've read other posts about fuses and have changed the fuse located near the power cord port - doesn't solve the problem.

I have looked for the other two fuses that Canadian machines are supposed to have but I can't find them.

Can anyone please help??

Thanks!

Mary

Another post about this was made about two weeks ago. Do a search on 'fuse'. In the meantime, different models and years have different locations. I have a 2009 Green Millenium and my fuse is by the power cord at the back. Newer machines have the extra fuse behind the power cord (which is closer to the front). Once we figure out which machine you have, it should be easy to find.

Mary can you take a picture of your machine with the top cover off? Maybe we can 'look' and circle the fuses on the picture for you.

Since you read the other thread I don't know if I can be any more help.

The ones on my 2008 were tricky to find at first but once I realized the little sticker with the voltage were beside them they were easier to find.

Hi Mary,

All 2008 and newer CSA approved Millies have 3 fuses in them, two under the top covers (one at the back and one at the front) and one by the on/off switch.

You'll have to remove the back top cover and try to find one fuse back there...usually in a cylindrical shaped black holder and one towards the front under the other top cover. Both places will have a clear label attached to the machine indicating what size of fuse. The motor fuse is found between the motor and the white box under the back top cover. I believe the fuses under the top cover are the 2 amp slow blow fuses. Be sure to replace them with slow blow fuses.

The fuse by the on/off switch is found on the outside of the machine in the little drawer that pops open with the use of a screwdriver.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Nadia

I'm the one that was looking for fuses last week - 2009 model Milli. Thanks to Nadia, Kathy & Caroline, all is well. The motor fuse is 3.15A and the power supply fuse is 2A. Found them at The Source (formerly Radio Shack). I even managed to successfully retime my machine. In the event there is a next time, it won't be quite as scary or take so long. After about hour three, my husband asked if I wanted help. I declined, I was determined to learn to do this myself. If I can break it, I better learn to fix it.

Archived