"Adopt a Teddy Bear" Quilt for Charity--- Please humor me...

:P OK I am in a silly mood (what's new) and these are too cute not to share, so humor me please by looking. I made this yesterday to celebrate and recognize National Quilting Day :)

My local guild has a project to either donate a teddy bear (or teddy bear wanna-be) and make a small child's quilt to keep in the State Trooper's vehicle, or police vehicle in case they have to transport a child from an unfortunate situation.... so we are gathering teddy bears (or wanna-bees) and making little quilts.

In my case, it's a wanna be teddy bear (husky sled dog) and I used remnant blocks of Alaskan animals and scenes size 36"x30"

So I took pictures with my shepherds standing by. They really LIKE the new quilt and teddy wannabe. Enjoy! :D

post--13461905766672_thumb.jpg

Guest Linda S

What great pictures, Shana, and what a wonderful thing to do! I noticed that mini quilt on the doggie right off. You have such a good heart. A true quilter, indeed.

Originally posted by o2bquilting

I think your dogs should ride with the troopers for the kids to snuggle with!! They look like wonderful friends.

Awww! Yes, They are indeed "sweetie-pups" and love kids. Raider (the long haired black shepherd) is 120+ pounds and nothing but a lot fur and love... :) He really is a giant real life teddy bear. The other shepherd is his daughter, Rika, and she would lick your face off if you let her.

Awwwah---your dogs are so handsome! The quilt turned out great! Wow--love those fabrics! and what a perfect stuffed toy with tiny quilt! Your dogs must be well behaved to not grab up the toy! I love all the pictures---but those faces in the third picture are so adorable!

(We have a new puppy, and that is so not happening right now! She thinks everything is fair game!):)

Miss Shana, Love your quilt, teddy wanna-be with his little mini-quilt, and your fur babies are just so adorable. What a great idea to donate these quilts to officers to have on hand for little ones. I'm curious as to whether or not our local officers have something similar and plan on checking into this. My friend's son is an officer and I'll have to ask him if they would have a need. Now, back to your fur babies...what intelligent, gentle faces on these precious pups!

Originally posted by Farmland Quilter

How in the world did you get your dogs to pose like that? Our little 1/2 poodle 1/2 Havanese would have been all over the quilt or have her nose on the camer.:D:D

Two words: Down, Stay.

Stay. :)

I work with my dogs all the time. They are very good at obedience and following commands ... (uhhh...errr... sometimes) LOL! :P

What a great project! I noticed the mini quilt for "Wanna be" right off too. The perfect addition so that both child and buddy have matching quilts.

The photos of your babies are just precious. Their faces are so expressive, they bring back wonderful memories of my own fur baby. That last photo of Raider is priceless. " Ahhh, finally got to touch it. Mommy won't mind if I just lay my head right here on this corner....." As I said, his face is so expressive!

Archived