NEW paper pieced wallhanging finished

Darlene Epp

This little quilt was designed by a certified Judy Niemeyer instructor and may become a pattern. After quilting the large Echo Wave quilt, she brought this one to me a few days ago. Since it was an experiment on her part, I suggested we experiment with the quilting as well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

The quilt is pieced in 4 sections and then assembled so I thought I'd try to just insert 4 blocks that would come together in the center and form a design there. I used my Majestic Block #1 and I think it turned out great. This saved my customer money and ME, a lot of time.

Here's the pattern I used.

post--13461905869183_thumb.jpg

Guest Linda S

Oh that looks so cool! I love the wallhanging. Well, it figures because I love green! The quilting give it some nice movement instead of just following the piecing. Very nice!

Thanks gals! Nadia, I only used 4 blocks altogether; 2 across and 2 down. If the quilt was any larger, I'd have had to split the block and do it in 2 parts. I disconnected the limit switch, moved the machine back to within a 1/4" of the take up roller, aligned from the center of the quilt, adding a 1/8" margin. I also allowed for anough space around the edge to allow for the binding plus just a bit so no pattern would be cut off by the binding.

Hi Darlene, you're quilts are beautanfabulous!!

Multiple Photo's:

I like to open one of my programs that allows you to put however many of your photos on one page and then export or save it to the desktop or your photo file as one jpeg for posting. That way you get all the photos on one page. ---------------------------------------- Grasshopper

Archived