leader grips

J Merrill

I just bought leader grips at MQX.

Now that I am home have to sew a casing for the dowels. Has anyone had experience with the leader grip system and did you take the canvas off or did you sew the casing on the canvas with your LAM while the canvas was still attached to the rollers?

uhhhhh....... I would definitely not take the canvas off the frame. Too much trouble to put back on. I think. I don't have the Leader Grips, but I turned my canvas back and stitched it down to put my zippers on. Worked like a charm. Use a piece of scrap fabric as long as your leaders and pin one side to it then fold under (or over) your other leader and pin that the the other side of the scrap. Stitch it down (careful not to catch it in the seam) and do he same for the next leader. Clear as muddy pie??

I use the "cheater leader" like Heidi. I would "not" take off the canvas, it's not that easy to put back on straight. If you go to search and type in leader grips or red snappers you will see lots of ideas and some pictures. Just be sure to select 6 months to a year or so for the search. Have fun.

Archived