HELP!!!!!! FRUSTRATED.....Probem solved!!! OLD POST- someone brought back to top...

As I use up my King Tutt it is not being replaced. For cotton variegated I use Sulky Blendables. I usually have very few problems with them but I do ususally put a couple of lines of sewer's aid down any cotton.

I also use Dawn's weave in and out of the guides on King Tutt it does seem to help

• 9 months later...

I'm having the same issue with loops on the back. This especially happens at the points and I almost come to a stop I'm going so slowly as I approach them. I'll check my bobbin spring-I do see some backlash in the bobbin/casing when I take it out to check it. I've play w/top/bottom tensions till I'm blue in the face. BTW-I have a Millie. I shouldn't have to rip every quilt I do for Pete's sake!

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thanks so much for these forums, and for everyone's willingness to post. APQS is closed (I needed some parts and maybe an instruction manual), and after great quilting yesterday, today am having problems. Decided to read to see if others had same problems - this is helping alot. My top thread is Rainbows and I can see the problem has to do with the thread spooling off the cone. Going to Walgreens to get a thread sock as soon as I get relieved from babysitting duties!

Ardelle, I had the same issue last week when using Superior variegated So Fine. I re-threaded exactly as Dawn suggested and it corrected the issue pretty much. I did have a few knots I had to pick out after re-threading, but it sure was frustrating. I NEVER use King Tut, and now I am not sure about using the So Fine variegated. I am disappointed, because I love Superior So Fine and was really looking forward to the Variegated option.

• 1 month later...

What are Magna Glide bobbins. I have been having problems with my tension. I use King Tutt on the top and so fine on the bottom. I actually frogged a quilt tha the top thread was showing on the back. I tested the stitching on a practice sandwich. When I re-quilted it, it still did the same thing. I said rats, I should have left it alone. The whole quilt was fine accept this small area on the bottom. It must have been something with the quilt, for it to happen twice, I do not get it.

Originally posted by semedo2000

What are Magna Glide bobbins. I have been having problems with my tension. I use King Tutt on the top and so fine on the bottom. I actually frogged a quilt tha the top thread was showing on the back. I tested the stitching on a practice sandwich. When I re-quilted it, it still did the same thing. I said rats, I should have left it alone. The whole quilt was fine accept this small area on the bottom. It must have been something with the quilt, for it to happen twice, I do not get it.

Here is the link to Magna Glide bobbins http://www.bobbincentral.com/s.nl/sc.1/category.4375/.f If you set up a free account/user name Filtec used to send out samples. I am not sure if they still do but give it a try!

• 5 months later...

This is awesome! I have had the same issue! I spent 2 1/2 hours yesterday on a King size quilt pulling those little knots/loops to the batting with a fine crochet hook! So today, I went in search of a solution, as I have tried EVERYTHING to rid myself of this problem. I was using Marathon thread in the top and prewounds in the bobbin. I was also given a very thin batting givin by the customer. It was so frustrating!

Before I load another quilt I will try all these things to see if I can rid myself of the problem.

Ardell, I've been quilting on my Millie for over 8 years and still come up with occassional problems that I cannot solve without this forum!!!

THANK YOU ALL!!

Archived