First quilt for a customer

I had a girl at work request me to make and quilt a quilt for her to give to her child's school for a fund raiser. I did it for half price since it is for charity. That way I covered all my costs, and hopefully, she can see the quilt make some money for the school. I had posted the top earlier for suggestions, and what came back was to quilt it with lime green, so that's what I did. I only have a couple of photos of it taken with her iphone, so they're not great, but here goes.

2694986830107119966S425x425Q85.jpg

2668801940107119966S425x425Q85.jpg

That turned out really nice and I hope it makes lots of moola for the school! I can't see where the quilting is continuous. Is each block a start and stop? If so, that's a lot of stops and starts for charity or for anything as far as that goes.

This is a very cute quilt, and your quilting is right on! It really gives movement to those pinwheel (windmill?) blocks. It looks great. She is lucky to have such a good friend who would make and quilt this for half price for her charity. Good job.

Originally posted by CindyT

That turned out really nice and I hope it makes lots of moola for the school! I can't see where the quilting is continuous. Is each block a start and stop? If so, that's a lot of stops and starts for charity or for anything as far as that goes.

Cindy the quilting is not completely continuous, but I did manage to get quite a few pinwheels done without having to stop and start over and over. I just started in the center and the came back to the center after each spoke of the pinwheel, then SID over to the next pinwheel.

Thanks for all the comments. It is nice to have someone that understands what it takes to make something like that.

Archived