MQX-West .. Are you looking for a hotel?

Guest Linda S

I'm staying at La Quinta. There really isn't an MQX hotel for the show, but there are several hotels in the vicinity. Best to look for Portland Convention Center on Google Maps and then ask for hotels nearby. Then you can pick the one you want!

Guest Linda S

Oh cool! Will probably see you at breakfast. I think they still serve breakfast! I even got the AARP discount cuz I'm OLD!

We are still waiting for the catalog to come out, right? I haven't missed it, have I?

I looked today and didn't see where it might be. I am patiently waiting.....

Does anyone know what "host" hotel is?

I am planning on driving up from California and staying the week. Hopefully I'll have some passengers with me!

Also for those of you coming into town, the MAX train goes right to the Convention Center so you can stay at any hotel that is close to the Max lines. They run from the airport and down to Clackamas Town Center and out to Gresham and even Hillsboro.

If you need any local help with areas of town or anything, give me a call and I bet you could also call Beth.

I going and stayiing at the Red Lion, they are offering a discounted rate , but I believe the La Quinta is still less expensive. This will be my first national show and I am really looking forward to meeting some of you fellow "Chat" pals!! i will be driving from Idaho with a friend. It will certainly be nice to have the schedule soon!!!

Most likely I'll be driving up from California. I have been looking at the different parking rates each of the hotels are charging. One of the was $18.00 a day! Yikes! Need to figure gas/parking vs airfare.....

Haven't booked my room yet...

If you fly you still need transportation once there,but alot of hotels offer free shuttles to events in town-you may want to add that to your list of questions! I wish I could remeber sooner to check into the MQS events. Prob too late now to get the time off :(

I'm waiting for the catalog to come out before I make my reservations because I'm not sure I'll be there all week. There are really only 2 classes I want/need to take and then time to visit the show and the vendors. I know that in Providence, the classes I need were scheduled at either end of the week - the first class on the first day of classes and the second class on the last day of classes. I hope that isn't the schedule for this show because I won't be able to take both if that is the case. I've never been to Portland so I'm looking forward to MQX West.

Archived