Was going to MQS, but now not sure. update

Well, I had planned on leaving for Kansas Tuesday evening, but my friend that was going with me had to back out. I thought about going alone, but she had booked the hotel and she cancelled it already. Still thinking about going, but not sure what to do. Just kinda bummed, and wanted to pout without hurting anyones feelings.:(

I am going after all! Peggy from Tx has invited me to room with her, so I am so ready to get there now!! Thanks to everyone that responded.

Guest Linda S

Whoa! BUMMER. Couldn't she have held the room and let you put it on your credit card? What an inconsiderate thing to do! Well. (Huff!). I hope you can find a room and go and have a good time. I'd be pretty upset if that happened to me.

Leslie,

I am pouting too, but not because my roommate canceled on me. I did not make plans to go to MQS this year, but made plans to go to the Milwaukee Quilt Show in August. I really want to do a road trip this week, see the quilts, hit the vendor mall and go home. But it is 7 hours to get there......

Hope you find a roommate so you can still go.

Thanks everyone. I did email Cindy about the roommate finder, like Carmen suggested. I sent it today though, so I haven't heard back yet.

My friend didn't cancel the room just because she wasn't going, but because at first I said I wasn't going to go alone, so she really didn't do anything inconsiderate. I just never like to do anything alone, so I waited two days to let her know I was thinking about going anyway.

I'm still thinking about it, but need to find out about a room, and how to get there from the airport. If I get there, I hope to meet some of you.:) I really want to go, it's my first show!

I am staying at the Hilton Garden Inn next door to the convention center. I arrive on Wed and have the room through until Sunday, but I was thinking of checking out Sat morning.

I have two queen beds, so You could stay with me. starting Wed or we could see if I can add a night at the beginning for you. I won't be there until Wed.

email me

pegburrell@yahoo.com

Archived