Hobbs wool help

I just finished a big quilt and last night I soaked the corners to get the blue marker out. The water wicked up the whole quilt and so I hung the quilt on my frame to dry. This morning parts of the quilt look flat and puckered. will putting it in the dryer on air help restore it's look? Any other ideas? This is the guild raffle quilt and I am supposed to give it to the ladies to bind tonight.

Sorry no pics as I am at work.

I think this is how wool is supposed to behave once its washed. You can probably smooth it out some with steam pressing, but basically, you might be better off to wet the whole thing and block it, so whatever happens, it will be uniform over the whole quilt. It looks very beautiful to me! I like the puckers.

thanks Lynn and Heidi. The blocking seems to be helping some. It isn't the product, but operator error. I like the crisp new quilt look. I wish I had used two batts. I hope the ladies in the guild are okay with it.

post--1346190617475_thumb.jpg

Beautiful quilting! Hobbs wool willl have more of a crinkly old fashioned look after it is wet. Personally that's the look I like. One of my best friend is like you and uses poly cause she doesn't want the crinkles So submerge the whole quilt in cold to get rid of any traces of marking and dry so it's all the same.

PeggyB, just realize when you are quilting, that it is not an ugly quilt.. your quilting shows that you have a good handle on it, and it came out beautiful, so your future quilts will come out beautiful too. Boost up your confidence and enjoy.. a lot.

Beautiful quilt and quilting.. going into my favs.

I can't see anything wrong. I love the quilt and the quilting is really beautiful. I think the slightly crinkled quilted up look is great, I like to wash my own quilts straight away to get that look. So even if its not your favourite look I am sure it will be a favourite with many others. Great job.

• 2 months later...

Archived