My Studio - UPDATE + Design Wall

chrisee

• 2 weeks later...

My Millie is only 8 'truck' hours away, but should be delivered Friday....do I get excited yet......maybe I will wait till Friday....has been sooo many hiccups. I wonder who will win the race and be here first.....all my furniture installed OR my Millie?????

I really enjoy the tours of everyone's studios, I am getting so many ideas for mine, I just hope 18 X 26 gives me enough room to implement some of you ladies great ideas. I will probably be picking your brains about different ways to store batting, threads and etc. especially all the many "tools" you all talk about using to make the gorgeous lines. Do the majority or all of the tools come with dvd's or a video? I am a visual learner so..I will need to watch someone demonstrate.

My Millie is on the last section....the 8 hour road trip.....of the lonnnnng haul from the factory in the USA.....most of my studio furniture was installed today..... more being made ready to be installed Monday....the space is all cleared ready for the boxes.....better be off zzzzzzzzzzzing so I am ready for the arrival of THE TRUCK!!!

My Millie arrived yesterday @ 10.30am AND then I had to go back to work!!!! Been working on her today. I am definitely not mechanical, but I am trying to work through it all - with my DH patiently overseeing me,checking what I have done and helping with the heavy bits - so that I can understand how she works....and we have had quite a few visitors which included our 5 week old GS and you do have to take time with family.

The hydraulic lift seems like a good idea, but it meant lots of jigsaw pieces AND an extra 9 pages to the work book!

My target is to have it finished by Sunday PM....and we are over the halfway....hopefully.

Hi Chrisee,

I look forward to seeing pictures of your room. I love checking out how others have arranged their space and of course wishing my room was bigger. I hope that you are able to get the lift working. I thought that I remembered reading something recently on the site but I could not find the thread. Here is an older one that may help you though.

Sue

http://www.apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=19038&page=1#pid226062

Chrisee our lift quit working a few weeks ago and someone said that if all the connections are good then it may me the fuse. I have not checked ours yet. It just happened to have stopped working at the perfect spot!!! It is on the "to-do" list. You may want to check and make sure the fuse is good.

Well my target was to get the rollers on by Sun night!!! and despite a few delays and lots of rereading,

THE ROLLERS ARE ON!!!!!! YAY!!!!!

Thankyou Cheri and Sue......we did hear a click when we first turned it on.....so we have continued without the Hydraulic Lift working on the advise of another APQS quilter.

It has been a very intense couple of days.....of to have a sleep.

How exciting!!! Hope you have it all together soon..... take your time though and don't skip any steps.

What? Nobody wanted to fly over with the machine and set it up for you? Could be a nice little vacation, sort of. How is the weather there right now??

Too much wind, rain and storms going on around here. Not enough time between storms to get all of the lawn mowed!

• 4 weeks later...

The furniture for my studio is still happening....waiting for a hydraulic lift - for my DSM - to arrive.....sure is slow to arrive...must be cos we are ' out in the country' even though we have a population of 15,000 and are considered a city!

• 1 month later...

Well, the hydraulic lift for my DSM has been installed and I am very happy with the position for my DSM.

Had a hiccup with the hydraulic lift for my Millie, but Amy is getting it sorted.

My CQ has arrived and nearly installed......where is the rep when you need them?

I have done some PPP

My DH is currently installing speakers etc fro my sound system.

Not ready for any pics yet.....

Patience is a virtue,

possess it if you can.

Often found in a woman,

but never in a man!

• 4 weeks later...

Another item off the 'To Do' list for my studio!

DH made the supports for my waddings to be stored in their cupboards and tonight Favourite SIL - I can say that as I only have one! - and DH lifted the rolls into their new home.

Next step is to get my cutting table built......lets not rush things! What is that saying? 'It all comes to those who wait'

Archived