QD Batting Question

I love the QD wool, but notice that it "sheds" a lot. I have it all over my shirt from leaning against the bar when I quilt:) Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestion on which of the QD polys I should try? I do have a roll of Puff, but I don't always want to use that thick of a batt. Thanks for any suggestions.

I didn't have any problem with the wool and I went through a whole roll. I think the puff would be a good substitute. They are the same loft- or at least they are made on the same machine.

I use the poly all the time- Dream green (select) on the roll and white whenever the green might show (only a few times on really white-on-white quilts) Do stay away from Request- QD doesn't recommend it for long-arms.

I used QD wool on the last 2 quilts I did, I had virtually no shedding or lint of any kind. I had a slight powedery build-up in the bobbin area, from the bonding resin, I guess. Sorry you had this problem. Did you by any chance throw it in the dryer beforehand to get the creases out? I don't think that's recommended.

I only use package batting, so that can't be it, either! I love QD products, and have never had an issue....but a quilter I know has had inconsistency problems with it on occasion. I wonder if sometimes they don't catch a problem right away, and a package or two gets out that isn't quite up to par. You will probably have no problems with the very next quilt you make using the same batting. (At least, I hope that's the case for you!)

Archived