Update: Solved Needle stuck...how do I get it out

Spi-Cap

My needle is stuck between the finger and hook assembly. I was quilting, stop the Millie...the needle started to go down and at the same time I moved the machine. I don't want to put a hole in the quilt and of course it has to be in the middle. How do I get the needle out. I was going to remove the finger but the screw must be glued in because I can't move it. :( Help!

I took the side panel off and still couldn't move the flywheel. So I took the little screw off that holds the needle in place. Then I got the needle nose pliers and push up on the whatever its called that holds the needle, it moved it up enough to clear the needle and I pulled the needle out with the pliers. Put a new needle in, checked the timing and everything is running good, and no hole in the quilt. :)

I did turn the machine off. The flywheel will not move. I think I need to remove the finger as I can see the needle and it is in the wrong place. But I cannot get that darn screw loose. I also removed the bobbin case. Thanks for your reply. I was just about finished with this quilt and this had to happen. I suppose I'll have to wait till morning and phone APQS.

Archived