Little Brown Bird quilt

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for all the geat compliments, the quilt is queen size I think, book is packed because i have just moved. As far a time I think a couple years, have had it done for awhile and wasn't sure how and who to have quilt it, but i think I made the right choice. Again thank you Linda for making my quilt beautiful.

Guest Linda S

I keep coming back to look at this every time I log on to read posts. It's just so pretty - both the quilt and the quilting. Definitely an inspiration!

Well linda and Joyce what is left to say? The quilt and the quilting is awesome. Girls you really did it! I love love love it! I was hoping this was a practice piece and you might want to make one for someone on the forum (LIKE ME) Oh well a gal can wish. Well since that isn't going to happen, maybe one day us wanta be's will be appliquing like you Joyce and quilting like you Linda. Agsin just awesome!!!!

I just had a customer drop off a couple of tops and this beauty was hanging up. She walked in the door, stopped, walked forward until her nose was a couple of inches from the quilt, and examined it for a half hour! We talked about the pattern, the appilque, Joyce (were your ears burning, my friend?:P) and how gorgeous the hand-applique was. Then she said she didn't want to "flop out her ordinary quilts" for us to talk about! And her tops were beautiful!

Thank you all for your kind comments--it is so gratifying that I was given the chance to quilt this one. I know I must send it back to Joyce, but........;)

Joyce thank you for the information about your applique method. I usually needleturn but am getting ready to do a Baltimore Album and not sure which method to use. Have you ever tried the back basting method?

Again I have to say to both of you, this is one absolutely gorgeous piece and deserves to be entered into a show.

Linda, enjoy it while you have it, but we are anxiously awaiting to see the blue one quilted.

What can I say??????????

I was one of the lucky ones who got to view the quilt tops at Linda's when she hosted our Moxie group in April.

Pretty sure my drool stains are on them. Hopefully you disguised them Linda with your beautiful artistic creative quilting.

I'm truly in awe of the applique and quilting. You are my heros!!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Guest Linda S

This WILL be at MQX West, won't it? Pretty please? I want to get up close with my nose almost touching too. I just had to come look again. I saw it before quilting and knew it would be spectacular. Please, please enter it in MQX -- and maybe Expo too?

Linda

Archived