KenQuilt 622

Is there a yahoo chat for Ken Quilt?? Or maybe you could contact Sue Patten. She is in Ontario, Canada; and has Ken Quilt; Maybe more than one!!

If you decide to sell it you could post it under "For Sale-Used Machines".

Good luck whatever you decide. :cool::cool:

This is why I don't think machine quilting is for me. I'm in the 'Professional' web site. I am just so desperate to get this quilt done & sell this machine. I just called the company & they are going to help me post it for sale. Can I post it on this web site?

Just asking. LOL Remember I don't know what I'm doing....

Sure, why not post it here? There are always people looking for machines and this is one place they look. Put it under "For Sale-Used Machines". Don't forget pictures, asking price, extras, and your location.

Also, try longarm university ($25.00, I think) and House of Hansen (also $25.00).

You might also try the yahoo group for Ken Quilt. (if they have one)

And Machine Quilters Resource(MQR, chat group) and Machine Quilting Professionals (MQP, chat group through yahoo)

I'm sure there are some others out there.

What do you mean "I'm in the Professional web site"??

Well, APQS, P= Professional. I've also viewed some attached pics. They are very pretty, not like mine. My quilts look like I've struggled. I'm sure the 2 I've made are & 1

already gone to non-sewers, so they cannot see all the errors that I see. By the way, these are T-shirt quilts I've had the most trouble with too. I might just have to put some practice fabics on & play around. I'm still going to sell it though. It has made me cry & that is NOT what quilting is all about. Thanks for your responses. The quilt is waiting for me to take it off the rollers

& I have a lot of tweaking to do......with a regular machine.

Shirley, not all of us are professionals!!!! I have a LONG way to go. I hang around here because these ladies are so willing to help. My Millie has made me cry every once in a while so I understand. The more you play with them, the better you understand them. My husband does most all of the machine quilting and I do the piecing. Works for me!!!

Shirley, Yes, many of the quilt pictures posted here are wonderful, and yes, some are done by "professional" quilters---but, you must realize how many, many hours of practice and how many quilts they have done to achieve what they show here.

Repeated practice and learning the way your machine handles, learning to trouble shoot, (said from someone who just adjusted her needle bar)---is part of the whole process.

Machine quilting has no "magic" involved with it. You just keep at it. Each quilt you do ---you learn something new about the process. And you improve.

All the beautiful quilts posted here inspire us! and keep us striving to learn, and keep learning.

Don't give up after just a few quilts that you think don't compare to what you see here. In fact don't compare what you do to anyone else's quilting! You have only just begun----:)

Shirley, I am a very long way from being a PRO. I, too, drool over some of the quilts shown here, but I still love to look at them and think "maybe someday I can do that". I mostly quilt for myself and have a couple customers that I quilt for, but they don't want anything special or fancy, so we get along just fine ! I love to try new things and so enjoy this forum for good advice. Don't give up. There are lots of different quilting machines used by the gals on here - NOT all APQS machines. I used to have a Handi Quilter (HQ16) and just in the 18 months or so, moved up to the Millenium because they had a terrific deal going. I used my HQ16 for 5 years and now it has a new home with as fellow quilter who is starting out.

So, hang in there, visit here often and ask ANY question you want. I've asked plenty and always get a good answer or suggestion. :D:D:D:D

Hi

I too have a KQ 622. bought off ebay bout 5 years ago.

Had many tension issues. Was at a quilt show and saw the sitdown guy with the machine and

thought why couldn't I just use my janome on the KQ frame, so thats what I do. Mostly just quilt for me and my kids (3 girls 1 boy who all quilt) but am also doing some for a local layette group. Met with them and told them I wanted to practice and since march 3 have done about 60 baby quilts. they told me to practice till my hearts content!!

Nice size for not getting too frustrtated and quick that I can usually squeeze in 1 a night. most are about 40 x 40.

Am thinking of putting the kq back on one of these days and fighting with it see if it will go. the janome doesnt sew as fast as I want to go.

Good Luck either way

Thanks for this input. I know that these T-shirt quilts are waaay too big for me to handle. I just try to get in all or most of the shirts that the customer brings me. Most turn out to be Queen-King size. Too big! If no one jumps on buying this & when I get the border on the quilt I'm fighting with I will put on a 40x40 & practice 'til I'm sick just to see if it could be the enormousity of the T-shirts that is so frustrating to me. I really would like for this to work for me, but I'll just calm down & see. Thanks again!

• 2 years later...

looking for handles for the ken quilt 622 for that can be used front and back...have not figured out how to use this forum. I love my machine so far..I've had it for about a month and am quilting my first quilt as we speak...this machine is making my quilting life so much easier.i have added a picture of the handles im talking about.

I use the older singer sewing machines and love them for their abiliyt to sew and keep sewing with out breaking down... and if they do I can manage to fix them for the most part...

thanks

Bpost-61295-0-80121100-1389675470_thumb.jpg

Archived