I have saved my dollars and am ready for Bliss

quiltlover03

I have been saving my dollars $50.00 from each Quilt quilted went into a savings account) and I am now ready to go for the Bliss upgrade on my Freedom SR. I have read all there has been said by everyone who posted here and you all seem to love it and love the ease with which the machine moves.

I am not getting any younger, and I am all for smoother action although I am not complaining, my machine is pretty well set up and runs real nice on the M&M wheels. I really wish there was someone close to me where I could try it out or see it in action to see if there really is that much of a difference.

By the time I buy the Bliss upgrade, have it shipped to me, pay brokerage , import fees and taxes, i am looking at pretty much $4.000.00m....that's a lot of money.

I guess what i am asking is for someone to give me THE reason why I have to buy this.....anyone out there brave enough???

Bought mine last Oct. in Iowa, My DH & I spent the day at the AQS Quilt Show - Des Moines, IA. We went to "Test Drive" whatever machines were at the show. Our plan was at that time, in six months we would be purchasing a used machine. However the end of the day was very close, and we stopped back at our three top machines. When we stopped at APQS, we "test drove" again. I asked why should I buy a machine from you? Well, after listening to Dawn, Heidi, Marilyn, & Mark. We were sold! Again thinking six months down the road.... However my hubby said to write it up! Blow me away! That six hour drive home was like "pinch me" am I dreaming? Now to the bliss! That was a big buying point for us. My neck & back gives me some issues, well so far no problem! We could only compair at the show with the others, & we Loved the bliss, along with the rest of APQS! This is totally new for me, as I was to scared to play with my sisters Millie & wouldn't touch it. Now, not only do I dream it I live it. I work & hopefully down the road will have more time to have more fun.

So like I rambled on, sorry. But I believe if it wasn't for the Bliss, we wouldn't have bought it that day...It just moves so nice, no ache' back & neck from this lady. Hopefully soon those feathers will look like I've done this forever.

Thanks much to all of those at APQS!

I love Bliss. I was having some shoulder pain after a long stretch of quilting--especially precision work and micro stitching. With Bliss it is no longer an issue.

Plus what Shana said!!

Another thing to think about--far down the road when you retire, the resale value will be better.

All of the reasons mentioned above but the main one...WE ARE SO WORTH IT!! Getting my second machine Blissed next week as the renters are arguing over who get the blissed machine. Even the beginners can tell the difference in about 30 seconds of moving the machines. If you could test drive one you would have no hesitation in taking the plunge.

Monika,

I test drove a Blissed system and the Glide at a road show. Even though I didn't think I needed or wanted the Glide, I changed my mind after using it. I could do little tiny feathers with no drag.

I, like you, had to wait before having the $$ to buy. I ordered the Bliss system recently and it JUST ARRIVED TODAY!!!! I've been without my machine for a couple weeks now, since I sent the machine in for a tuneup and the Glide addition at the same time I ordered the Bliss.

Tomorrow, I will be installing the new rails and putting my newly conditioned machine back on -- with the help of my quilting friend.

Why did I do it? Because I WANTED IT!!! And I deserved it. And I NEEDED it.

Go for it!

I only tried it for a moment at MQX. Only a moment because I know I can't afford it now and I didn't want to wish I had it too much. Anyway, that moment was nice. The machine moved very easy and seemed lighter. I didn't give it a full workout, but I think I would have liked it a lot.

Jess

• 8 months later...

I had an Ult 1 with edgeriders, and I thought the control was fine. I went to a road show and tried out the new millie with the bliss, glide and M&Ms. I had NO INTENTION of buying a new machine, I just wanted to see what they were like. I was not sure (and am still not) that I wanted to quilt as a business, and figured the Ult 1 was a fine machine for me as a hobbiest. I played around with the millie for a half-hour or so. I can't tell you what happened, but something must have snapped. I came home with a signed sales order in my hand.

I can't tell you how much I like my new machine. It is so pleasant to use that I really am seriously beginning to consider quilting for others. Now that I have the machine at home and am using it, I find that I also LOVE the power advance and the stitch regulator, but it was the bliss/glide system that caused me to do the paperwork.

Fortunately, APQS gave me a great tradein on my Ult 1, and I had a little money saved for "something special", so I was able to afford it. If I hadn't had the savings, I probably would not have purchased the machine for personal use. But I'm pretty sure if I already had a quilting business, especially if I were doing lots of custom, I would have bought it as a business investment.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived