Looking for a Source for Wool Fabric

I am looking for a source for wool fabric/wool felt. I am very interested in exploring wool or wool/cotton quilts. Do any of you enjoy this type of quilt making? Do you have a good source of wool fabrics you would recommend? I just acquired the book "Pennies from Heaven" by Gretchen Gibbons and my fingers are itching to try this method. :cool:

Hey Linda, My best source for wool fabric is the second hand stores. Start in the fall and look for 100% wool coats. Amazing what you can snag. Got the most beautiful off white for backgrounds etc and all for $7 or so a coat. I just get the trusty old sea ripper out and take the coat apart and then throw the pieces in the washing machine. Beautiful felted wool. Try it. Marion in BC

Marion, Thank you so much for such super ideas. I never thought of the second hand stores, I will definitely look into that.

Caron, I was thinking about you today and was going to send off an email to you. I was so happy to see you here. I didn't realize you liked to do wool applique. Thanks for your info too. I am so anxious to try a small pattern to start with and see how it goes. xoxoxoxoxo

Michele & Lisae, thanks for the on-line sites. I'm going to check them out as well.

What method of applique do you all like to use with wool, hand or machine, and why? Inquiring minds, you know! LOL!

Thanks again everyone! :cool:

• 2 years later...

Archived