Summer 2011 swap directions- squishies mailed 9/19

doodlebug

Sorry this is my first time to play. The only color that we "MUST" use is the cream - tone on tone. I can chose the other colors but no black/brown? So I can do green/blue/purple? I don't have to use cheddar for the center block?

For some reason when I first read this thread I thought we had to use a cheddar for the center with a brick and was it blue or green.

Thanx for your help!

KathyD

:cool:

I want to encourage everyone to measure your blocks so we all get the right size.;););) Have you ever gotten blocks you had to add "coping" strips too? It works out but it is much more fun it they are ready to make into a top. When we did our spinning stars blocks EVERY block was perfect!!! It was WONDERFUL and the top looks just so good! :D

Originally posted by kathyd

The only color that we "MUST" use is the cream - tone on tone. I can chose the other colors but no black/brown? I don't have to use cheddar for the center block?

yup- only must is cream as background

yup- any color but brown or black

yup- you can use any color for the center

have fun!

Originally posted by doodlebug

Originally posted by meg

how about prints - florals specifically - are we allowed or must the fabrics read as one color?

you can use any fabrics as long as they are not predominantly brown or black...

yippee~

i love it when i get my way!

:D:P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D:P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just bumping this back to the top with a reminder that the deadline is fast approaching:

blocks have to be at my house no later than AUGUST 31st 2011

teresa- thanks i'm considering starting a pattern line and have been 'practicing' writing directions with my blog's bom and these block swaps...good to know that they look professional.

• 4 weeks later...

I want to apologize to everyone who is participating in the block exchange. My blocks did not reach Doodlebug until yesterday. I live on the coast of Connecticut and lost power, internet, etc. etc. during hurricane Irene. Shannon was kind enough to wait for my blocks which I so appreciate but regret not getting them out before the horrific weather hit. I got so caught up in preparing (Ha!) for the storm I forgot to get them off to her.

This is my first swap. I'm so excited and a bit worried. I went rather conservative with my fabric choices, hope they aren't too boring! You can always use them on the back!:D

Thanks, everyone, for your patience.

And, Shannon, congratulations on your marriage. You were a beautiful bride! Loved the pictures. Just wondering which Elvis music was playing when you walked down the isle

• 2 weeks later...

Archived