Need help

The sewing heads are the same. Recently a new table was introduced, so if you are buying from an individual, the difference would be in the table they have. They may have a steel table. If buying used from APQS, you would get the new style horizontal wheeled table.

Your local rep can help you with this.

More questions:

If a 12 ft table fits a king; what is the purpose of a 14ft table?

Aluminum/steel?

I've been reading about oxigenation; sounds scary.

What is the largest pantograph/work space on the Lennie? Can someone plz explain the difference between: edgeriders; MM wheels; and Bliss system?

Can some

On a 12 ft table by the time you take out the width of the machine/carriage you can only really quilt a maximum of 120". This is giving you very little space to change the bobin etc.

So with a 14 ft table you could easily quilt up to 144" wide quilt which a king size to the floor is now approaching.

Most tables are made of aluminium as it is a lighter weight metal. Oxidation does occur, hence the need to clean the table.

The original wheels on the APQS machine had a ball bearing that over time would wear out. Many longarmers replaced these with Edgerider Wheels which had a different ball bearing system and a smoother ride on the table. APQS came out with their own form of Better ball bearing wheels "Bliss" which ride on the table in a different format. The Bliss table is less inclined to oxidate.

Not sure of the pantograph space on a Lenni but being a 20" throat it is most likely 11-12".

Lyn

Thanks, Lynn,

That helps a lot.

What is/MM wheels?

Do the tables condense between 10-14 ft or are they a set stationary size? My room width space is 112" is that large enough to move about the front/back of a machine? How difficult is take down; for example, Christmas guests?

I have a 12 ft Freedom with motorized fabric advance that sticks out on the end, so about 12 1/2 ft wide in a 13 ft wide room. I have to crawl under the machine to get to the back (panto side) of the machine. It's not ideal, but works fine for me, as its in a spare bedroom. The table would have to be taken apart, they don't "fold down" to a smaller size. It could be pushed up tight to a wall to gain extra space in the room if that is an option. You will love Lenni, or any of the APQS machines. I'd advise going to a Road Show or quilt show, or finding a dealer so you can actually see what they look like and how big they are. That helped me a lot when making my decision to buy.

the width of the table should not be a concern if you have 112 inches that should be plenty of room from either side of the table. The tables are not adjustable they are either purchasedt at 10, 12 or 14ft,

once you have your machine set up you do not want to take it down for anything except to sell or move locations. You can however purchase casters that let you roll it around and out of the way. MM wheels are apqs latest improvements to their tables. Edgerider wheels are from a different company which are made for the apqs and other machines.

I have a 2007 lenni which I bought used and have had no problems with it what so ever. it will be 3 years this august since i purchased it and I still have the original wheels, I am thinking of upgrading to edgerider and wouldnt mind the mm wheels but for my table the upgrade would be 3000 dollars and 4000 for the bliss and wheels. so not really an option now. as far as the Lenni though she is a sweet machine and i have done quilts as large as 104 inches by 112. it is a tight fit but is possible.

It is true that upgrading to the complete Bliss system would cost $3000 to $4000 but just upgrading to the M&M wheels, (designed for the Bliss system but available on their own) is a much less expensive option. I understand that they are somewhat comparable to the edgerider system but, IMHO, are a better product, will last longer and give an excellent result and, anyway, were designed by APQS specifically for APQS machines.

I upgraded my wheels to M&Ms in January this year and the difference is a joy! Well worth the $250 +/-

Archived