Saddle stool???

Denice, I looked back at the previous threads and found that this was the most popular...

http://www.bizchair.com/st205-os.html, but when I went to order one, they were out of stock, they appear to be in now but I got the same one from staples online for $149.00 but free shipping....although I am waiting for it to be delivered...(I ordered it last Friday)...

Those with saddle stools--are you able to quilt sitting down if you do not have a hydraulic lift. Can you do pantos sitting down? Have some twinges in my foot so don't want to get foot problem again. I bought a regular drafting stool and find it pretty awkward. If I lock the wheels then I have to stop and scoot it along and if I don't lock the wheels it rolls out from under me.

I have the Office Star 205 also, and really like it, although it does take getting used to. I use it more often for planning, pinning, ripping, etc, but is very nice to have then to give my legs a break. I don't use it much when doing large meanders, etc, as that goes so fast. I did a search and got a website that compared price and shipping from several sources. I watched that for a little while and waited til I got a good price with free shipping, I think it was CNS Office Supply or something like that.

I bought the Office Star 205 like Christina has. I think from CSN office furniture, paid $119 delivered. I'm a bit disappointed with it. Not as comfortable as I'd hopped. The seat is wider and not as "scooped" as I'd like. That being said, I use it all the time. I have power lift on my Ult2, and used the lift all the time when I stood and quilted. (lowered it to pin on while sitting in an office chair-raised to max when I quilted) Since I got the stool, I don't need to move the table height. I set the stool height for lowest position on the table, and sit and quilt. I don't do many pantos, so I've not tried it on the back of the machine. I wouldn't be without it. Just rather have a stool that's narrower and more saddle shaped. BTW, if you buy one get one that adjusts to 28"-30" in height. My stool is set at about 25", and my table sits pretty low at it's lowest position. Jim

I have the one from bizchair.com and I like it. It is completely adjustable in height, so I can make it fit what I need it for. I usually use it when I have a lot of tiny work to do in one spot, like a tiny background fill. Or, when frogging a small area (for frogging a large area I just take the quilt off the frame and sit in my comfy chair).

I have been looking at saddle chairs for a while. The are several sites that sell them but it looks to me that they are all the same stool and it is just the prices that vary. I had hoped to find one that has a narrower seat that also has the tilt adjustment but haven't been successful.

Sue

Archived