Grips for rulers???

If you get some skateboard grip tape in clear and use a very small piece in a few strategic places on the rulers you'll find they work great. If they are too rough rub them another piece of sandpaper to take them down a bit. You can usually find grip tape for $5 or so. It will last you forever. I use a piece that is about 1/8" x 1/4" in about 4 places on the ruler.

Another idea is to cut small pieces of the waffle type shelf liner and glue them to the ruler. I ordered a product online and waited for weeks for the delivery as it was backordered. When it arrived is was just small circles of waffle liner. I could have made them myself for much less and in a fraction of the time!! They do help keep the rulers locked into place.

Sue

I use the stuff that they sell for steps on boats, learned this from Dawn it is not inexpensive, but you don't need big pieced and you can see thru it. You find it at most hardware stores, and you can buy as many inches as you want.

Guest Linda S

I actually don't like to use anything on the backs of my rulers, because sometimes you need to shift them a bit to match seamlines, compensate for wonky piecing, etc. Steam a Seam works if you need it.

I use Invisigrip most of the time and sometimes Spray Baste. They both seem to shift when needed and stay when needed.

The only issue with Invisigrip that I have found is there is sometimes a glare and hard to see the placement well. Especially when working on black which I seem to do alot.

Spray Baste was recommended in a class I took at Innovations. It lasts a really long time. I have one circle ruler that was sprayed well over a year ago and still stays put.

Like Patty Jo and Lynda, I spray the bottom of my rulers with a temporary adhesive.

I use 404 (made by same people that make 505 and 606). It's a repositional adhesive. I also use it on my cutting templates. I saw it demonstrated at a quilt show and it sold me.

http://www.embroideryonline.com/products/ItemDetail.aspx?ItemCodeID=1597753572

Archived