Hartley Vertical Spool Holder

Does anyone else have the Hartley Vertical Spool Holder, and if so, does it work for you? When I first got it, I had tension problems and stopped using it. I tried it again last night, and for one spool it worked, then stopped working again. The top thread tension gets extremely loose. I have it placed on top of the machine, above the top laser light electrical outlet hole. If it works for you, where do you have it placed on the machine and do you have any other tips to offer? Thanks!

I have it mounted aove the thread guide that is above the two letter "l"s in the name Millennium. I put the spool on the post with the thread coming off the back of the spool (clockwise?) I don't use it often and would guess I might use only two of the holes in the thread guide below the thread holder. The thread spool should roll freely with no tension from the spool cap.

Thank you, Carmen and Heidi. I think I'll try moving it back to where Carmen has hers and fiddling with the threading. It is a major time eater, to have to go to the back to change threads on the large cones when doing custom.

Anybody else use it? If not, what do you use or are we all going to the back of the machine to change the large cones? If we are, I think I'm going to check into the new 3D holder or whatever it is called for the back of the machine.

I have mine mounted like Georgene's. I actually have it mounted using a removable picture mounting thing with velcro. I only attach it when I use it, which isn't very often. I also have the other spool mount that Georgene has mounted with the velcro thing too and use it a lot as I like to use Robison Anton thread in the small cones.

I have mine mounted over the APQS logo. I use it all the time and don't have problems. I also have the horizontal spool holder and I have never had any success using that. No matter the thread I get constant breakage. The horizontal one is mounted about three inches behind the vertical one.

Sue

I have the vertical and horizontal holders. I seldom use the horizontal ones, the vertical are in use all the time. I LOVE the!! Save me steps. I do not have to go around to back of machine to change threads and I find that my tension and thread runs so much better directly from in front. I use my large cones from the front and ordered one for the Ult 1 also. Have and extra horizontal holder still in package and am thinking of selling it. Just dont use it that much

Archived